55Kab
  • 55Kab
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
15 years ago
Ok, so it is on Vzi (again!) but I reckon for £2700 ovno this is a bargain. I'm tempted myself! :lol:

Mr Oakley???

https://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=544494 

Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
69project
15 years ago
it is nice isnt it and the guy seems pretty genuine?

spotted an f reg car in similar colour just like this for sale in padstow ydy but not in as good condition though
Car less.....
VW Stan
15 years ago
Looks like a nice car for the money from the pics.
I'm surprised this hasn't been snapped up already.

Same as my ex-girlfriend's Ceramic Green '60 bug!

clare_puff_pic.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
It's hard to say what my girlfriend does for a living...

...She sells sea shells on the sea shore!
54 Gertie
15 years ago
And its a UK car! :shock: I asked him a few days ago and was expecting to be told that it being an SA import was the only thing he forgot to mention! :lol:

Shame about the Swedish tailights but apart from that it looks about right for a 59/60 crossover model!

William
48REME
15 years ago

Shame about the Swedish tailights but apart from that it looks about right for a 59/60 crossover model!

54 Gertie wrote:

Why Swedish taillights? Aren't these the normal ones but just placed a little too high?
I love that car especially for the price:shock:
54 Gertie
15 years ago

Why Swedish taillights? Aren't these the normal ones but just placed a little too high?
I love that car especially for the price:shock:

48REME wrote:

The lenses have a diagonal shape to them! The housings are the same as far as I know!

UserPostedImage

I got some photos of the cars rough area and even though it was a bit rougher around the edges that the listing makes out it was still a bargain! 😎
William
48REME
15 years ago

The lenses have a diagonal shape to them! The housings are the same as far as I know!

54 Gertie wrote:

Wow, never knew that!:shock:
harveypj
15 years ago
Yeh, thats right.
The UK lights have a 'snowflake' shaped reflector the sweedish a 'Diamond' shaped one.
Stock......the new custom
stu
  • stu
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago
i think they were only snowflakes up to 59 then the lense changed to the one on the car for the 60 model year.
harveypj
14 years ago

i think they were only snowflakes up to 59 then the lense changed to the one on the car for the 60 model year.

stu wrote:

Did'nt know that, thought they were unchanged until 61 when they changed to larger housing with indicators.
Stock......the new custom
RoRoVw
14 years ago
My April 1960 still has the 'snowflake' pattern on the rear lenses.
54 Gertie
14 years ago
Im pretty sure that for all markets other than Sweden the lenses never changed from 56-61:?

May be wrong though! :lol:
William
Rich Oakley
14 years ago

Im pretty sure that for all markets other than Sweden the lenses never changed from 56-61:?

May be wrong though! :lol:

54 Gertie wrote:

You're correct.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.