54 Gertie
2009-04-19T22:01:05Z
Hello!

Would an April 63 beetle have fresh air heating? :?

Chassis number: 5543343


Many thanks! :d

Not that ive lost hope of finding my cars OG engine that was "removed" by a VW garage a few years ago! :twisted: :wink:
William
Sponsor


(Register and log-in to hide thread adverts)
54 Gertie
2009-04-19T22:02:32Z
Sorry...MAY 63! :roll: :lol:
William
Jules
2009-04-19T22:25:01Z
54 Gertie wrote:

Hello!

Would an April 63 beetle have fresh air heating? :?

Chassis number: 5543343


Many thanks! :d

Not that ive lost hope of finding my cars OG engine that was "removed" by a VW garage a few years ago! :twisted: :wink:



Thats a tricky one, right off the top of my head I would say no, I think stale air..... but, there is a very good chance I'm wrong in which case I should have kept myself to myself!
54 Gertie
2009-04-19T22:27:30Z
Jules wrote:



Thats a tricky one, right off the top of my head I would say no, I think stale air..... but, there is a very good chance I'm wrong in which case I should have kept myself to myself!



Stale was my guess but I think it is just on the cusp as I have spent some time looking into it but with no result! :roll: :evil: :lol:


Thanks Jules! 😎
William
Rich Oakley
2009-04-19T23:12:12Z
Fresh Air. I think stale air heating ended in late (Dec?) '62.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
54 Gertie
2009-04-19T23:23:18Z
Rich Oakley wrote:

Fresh Air. I think stale air heating ended in late (Dec?) '62.



Thats good because I suppose it will make parts cheaper! :lol:

I do however like the look of a stale air engine! :cry: :wink: :lol:
William
RoRoVw
2009-04-20T08:33:30Z
Yes fresh air heating from chassis number 5199980 in December 1962.
My Ruby Red Deluxe built on 26th March 1963, chassis number: 5383152 has fresh air heating.
54 Gertie
2009-04-20T16:29:37Z
RoRoVw wrote:

Yes fresh air heating from chassis number 5199980 in December 1962.
My Ruby Red Deluxe built on 26th March 1963, chassis number: 5383152 has fresh air heating.



Conclusive! Thanks Rob! :d
William