Standard split
14 years ago
Fancy a 1950 for €36,500:shock:

Or maybe a 1946 for €71,400::shock: :shock:

Hello soon to the €100,000 split-window Beetle :wink:  50 4 sale.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.  46 4 sale.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
stu
  • stu
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago
who in their right mind is gonna pay that? :roll:
stu
  • stu
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago
the 50 doesnt even thave the right wheels!
mrsherbie
14 years ago
I was thinking the very same thing this morning!

But with my 50k pretend spending money I will be buying this one for certain! Beautiful! :d

52 kab 53k euros 

UserPostedImage

But I certainly WONT be buying this one! nor will anyone else I hope! :shock:

you are fibbing, what year? 
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
stu
  • stu
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago
prices have gone absolutely mental, surely no one on the planet is that insane to spend this kind of money, you could have a nice 356a for alot less :lol:
GKL 7
14 years ago
Believe me there are those willing to pay far in excess of the figures mentioned on this page.
mrsherbie
14 years ago

prices have gone absolutely mental, surely no one on the planet is that insane to spend this kind of money, you could have a nice 356a for alot less :lol:

stu wrote:

you will struggle to find a good 356a this year for 50k but a year ago you could. I am still amazed that ours has doubled in value in the last 2yrs :shock: we are just about to double the insurance value because we could not replace it now for what we paid. I was actually thinking the green kab is well worth the money, Malcolms Heb was not expensive at all.
But this odd rise in prices seems to only be affecting (356s) oval kabs, or any splits and earlier at the moment. But 60's kabs are rising fast too. ( take my tip, buy your post67 kabs now while they are cheap!:lol: ) Ovals are still struggling unless they are mint, but that will change as they will rise.

I almost think that people are tying up their money in the safety of 'old things' as good antiques have hardly dropped. Considering there is a credit crunch there is still a lot of money being spent on old cars. We know 4 356's very well that just sold in the last 6 weeks for a combined 300k (uk pounds) (swedish keyboard!) all gone out of uk!
One thing I do know, my folks and a few other friends are spending wildly at the moment having decided to retire earlier than planned. (Good Old Gordon :lol: )
stu
  • stu
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago
ive wanted a 356a forever, post some pics anna pleeeease
mrsherbie
14 years ago
It will be at Stanford parked with 356boy's 53 356 somewhere around the trade area ( though we are not trading this year! yippee! going to be like real people instead and enjoy the show for the day!) :d

Remember this one recently?.. I see it is now 'pending'

nice og chestnut 51 beetle 27k euros 
pre67vw
14 years ago
I have to be honest and say that these silly prices really make me lose interest in the old VW. I've always liked old beetles because they're quirky but cool looking, not because of their value. If prices continue to go the way they have, I really don't know if I can be bothered anymore - especially when you see what you can get for your money away from the VW.

That Karmann is lovely, but €53k? It just shows that the car is now in the realms of the collector and not normal folk anymore.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
GKL 7
14 years ago

That Karmann is lovely, but €53k?

pre67vw wrote:

Rob,that is not a lot of money now,you know exactly what i mean:wink:
mrsherbie
14 years ago
But normal folk would daily drive it if they could afford too. Thats not good for the car. Prices rise and fall in a cycle, I dont think it hurts to know you have some good security in your hobby car, its far better than putting money in the bank for the measly worthless interest! Also it is only really the good cars that can command the strong money, so there will always be plenty of other piles and beaters around to play with. Anything that keeps coachbuilts and 40s cars away from modifiers/lowering is a good thing and if a high pricetag is the only thing that can do that then so be it. Even if I cant afford the Tuscher I really want right now because of that, well thats ok! :beer:

pre67vw
14 years ago

Rob,that is not a lot of money now,you know exactly what i mean:wink:

'50 Karmann wrote:

It's a huge amount of money for an old peoples car. I'm not saying that there isn't someone somewhere who will pay it, because there is. But I don't know any other 'peoples car' that would fetch that amount of money, and by 'peoples car' I mean cars that were cheap transport like Austins, Ford Anglias etc.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
pre67vw
14 years ago
I know that there are still cars around that are honestly priced, I'm just in a really bad mood because I misssed out on one (a Heb for well under 10k).
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
GKL 7
14 years ago

Austins, Ford Anglias etc.

pre67vw wrote:

Know what you're saying Rob,and thank god we don't deal with the other cars you mentioned.
Our interest is in a modern day icon,a piece of history and because of it's popularity it is now commanding decent money.
It's timeless and people love it more now than in the days it was being built.
It's not just a hobby,it's a way of life,a passion.

Now,tell us more about this Heb, you missed.
pre67vw
14 years ago

Now,tell us more about this Heb, you missed.

'50 Karmann wrote:

It was my ideal car, needed work but all there (including body number & aufbau) Just found it too late :cry: :cry: :cry:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
GKL 7
14 years ago
Don't be so vague:roll:
stu
  • stu
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago
a heb for under 10k?? was it a replica?
GKL 7
14 years ago

a heb for under 10k?? was it a replica?

stu wrote:

including body number and aufbau

pre67vw wrote:

pre67vw
14 years ago
UserPostedImage

Advertised for 10000CHF (which should give you a clue to its location)
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW