54 Gertie
14 years ago
When you think that some cars have most of those bits replaced anyway, it could be worse!
:wink:

Okay, it is in a right state and it being made ten years before any new parts will fit does not help!

How do they intend on making the front 1/4s?

What year is the chassis they are intending on using?

:d

This is a 67 than came out looking brand new! It was even at Volksworld! :wink:

UserPostedImage

Finished....

UserPostedImage
William
zelensis61
14 years ago
hey,
They will use the chassis that was recently found and was part of an early kubel. It came out that it was very early chassis from 39 or even 38.8)
Christian his team will probably recreate the front part out of scratch, like they did it decades ago when they start making the car like new in 38.
He have acces to all possible drawings of that kind of car. The car in the museum can be used to make templates or getting details.
An engine from the same area is waiting for years in the collection.
A great deal of parts was found already ....:shock:
The rest is craftmanship and knowledge, time and money.
Greets Peter

ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
RockStock
14 years ago
its ace the grundmanns have it!
& started already!
UserPostedImage
StockRocks
vintagevw
14 years ago
I've talked yesterday to Christian at the Maikaefertreffen in Germany and he looked very happy with the new cars! :d :beer:
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
zelensis61
14 years ago
Today, Christian announced on thesamba that it is most likly VW 38/06 :shock: .
This is what he wrote:

Hello,
first i like to say thanks to everyone who helped us .

Yes i also know now that this car is 43006. It has no sunroof so the discription from Chris Barber or from the picture is wrong.

I think that the back hood has not been changed as it is stamped Nr. 52 and the front hood is also stamped 52.
We still have pieces of the orginal floor pan ( the middle tunnel ) and on this you can hard see the numbers 3?/?6 so this fits also to the deails we have found out.
Christian

The give away was the W decklid that had different "w" part left and right.
That is the result of hand beaten pannels.
Oh and the chassis part with the nr on it was also good to identify the car:roll:
Great to have a number on the car now. The restoration can go on now. :beer:
Best regards. Peter
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective