48REME
  • 48REME
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
14 years ago
I have got in touch with a guy in France who has a December 1959 Standard which, like mine, appears to have been originally requested in L14 Reseda Green.
I am trying to help him with correct period details etc... as he is a bit new to Standards.
What is strange is that he says the chassis number, 2 767 755 which corresponds to December 1959, both on the tunnel plate and on the ID tag in the front is the same as the engine number!
From my research, the last December 1959 car had engine number 2 721 313 but he could have a later one in his car. Could this just be an extraordinary coincidence of numbers clashing?
Here is his car which he plans to restore to original spec, removing all additional unnecessary trimmings. I am glad to see that his original handles are also in Reseda Green, something I wasn't sure about doing on mine as I was presented with the choice...:d  59.STD.02.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  59.STD.01.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  59.STD.04.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads