Rich Oakley
14 years ago
One owner from new alegedly. Not quite as 'original' as the owner is making out though....
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=783370 
Standrd or deluxe originally, I wonder?

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
48REME
14 years ago
Well unless the owner wanted to adorn the car with black knobs out of colour preference, it all seems to be there (seat frames, hood knob, escutcheons, etc).
On a less certain note, quarter lights are chromed...
So yet another RHD Standard Oval on the menu maybe? Might be worth asking if it has cable brakes and crash gearbox...:wink:
69project
14 years ago
nice though,is it me or are these silver cars becoming a bit too common...lol!
Car less.....
48REME
14 years ago
If it is originally a Standard, it's more than likely then that it wasn't Polar silver.:wink:
VW Stan
14 years ago
I emailed the seller this morning to ask all these questions! :wink:
It's hard to say what my girlfriend does for a living...

...She sells sea shells on the sea shore!
Ovalbug
14 years ago
Well the ad has already been deleted!
Was only looking at this last night and thought that if the car really had been in the family from new and they owned a VW dealership they should be shot :lol: .
I know VW had a habit of making parts obsolete and hence difficult to obtain, but come on, wrong rear valance, engine, interior panels....didn't they have any care as to its rarity and originality at the time the work was done?
Looks a lovely car, shame its had too little care applied to its originality..........:roll:
'63 Karmann Ghia RHD
'72 1302LS Karmann Cabrio RHD
48REME
14 years ago
Anyway, it certainly wasn't L324 Polarsilver originally if it's 1954, as that colour wasn't yet available then.
Standard split
14 years ago
What a strange restoration.

It's almost certainly a Standard model, it seems after messing around in Photoshop there's no headlining around the windows.

Why DeLuxe all the exterior but still keep the single horn grill at the front :?

A car this rare deserves restoration to exact originality :twisted:

It would still look great in my driveway :wink:

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
48REME
14 years ago

It would still look great in my driveway :wink:

Standard split wrote:

Not too shiny for you?8)
Standard split
14 years ago

Not too shiny for you?8)

48REME wrote:

Well it is completely the wrong colour of course, and is no longer as a Standard model should be.

The paint though is not that nasty shiny deep gloss type, and these metallic colours are attractive. Can't deny I'd rather get the lot off, bin the chrome trim and finish the car in a nice semi-mat jupiter grey :wink:

But then there's the awful door panels and seats inside to live with :evil:

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378