reminou75
14 years ago
1944 Schwimmwagen for sale 

In perfect condition, it comes out after a long restoration.
One was sold last year in a militaria auction in the north of France for 120k€. This one is much more expensive...
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago
Much more expensive? Yikes!!
I love these cars, but not so much as 120K.

I met a guy at a big swap meet here last weekend with a Schwimmer four wheel drive gearbox. If anyone happens to be looking, I can pass on his number.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
kdf38
14 years ago
I have a Hebmueller that I will trade for a restored Kommandeurwagen, a restored pre-45 Beetle,
a restored Kuebelwagen, AND a restored Schwimmwagen. I've always wanted a restored set of VW military vehicles.

Mike

Much more expensive? Yikes!!
I love these cars, but not so much as 120K.

I met a guy at a big swap meet here last weekend with a Schwimmer four wheel drive gearbox. If anyone happens to be looking, I can pass on his number.

JD wrote:

Mike
Texas
Nov. 1947 +
Febr 1949 shell
GKL 7
14 years ago

I have a Hebmueller that I will trade for a restored Kommandeurwagen, a restored pre-45 Beetle,
a restored Kuebelwagen, AND a restored Schwimmwagen. I've always wanted a restored set of VW military vehicles.

Mike

kdf38 wrote:

Are you saying you want all four in exchange for the Heb Mike or am i reading the sentence wrong?
Standard split
14 years ago

Mike

kdf38 wrote:

You don't want much in exchange do you :shock:

I'd settle for a nice pre-1945 Beetle over anything including a Hebmuller, Routemaster bus or Mallard steam train :wink:

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
kdf38
14 years ago
No, not much, at all.

I did not recognize the Routemaster bus until I looked up an image. What a SHAME
they have been retired...

The Mallard Steam train I did not know. It would be a bit hard to go anywhere unless
you had a rail system to fit.

Mike

You don't want much in exchange do you :shock:

I'd settle for a nice pre-1945 Beetle over anything including a Hebmuller, Routemaster bus or Mallard steam train :wink:

Standard split wrote:

Mike
Texas
Nov. 1947 +
Febr 1949 shell
lou cypher
14 years ago

Mike

kdf38 wrote:

Yeah right dream on ! :roll:

Don't think there will be any takers for that one, unless you want to swop for Dinky ones? :lol:

Then maybe Rob will do a trade :wink:
Andy Sparks
14 years ago
TBH think this is very over priced, for that it would need to be immaculate, and the paint in places is a bit used.

Suppose i cannot really criticise as i do not have a better one.
You can never have too many accessories on your car. 🙂
Standard split
14 years ago

No, not much, at all.

I did not recognize the Routemaster bus until I looked up an image. What a SHAME
they have been retired...

Mike

kdf38 wrote:

The Beetle, most successful car EVER – The Routemaster, most successful bus EVER and both icons too.:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Thank you Ken Livingstone for taking away our beloved bus – London's streets are just not the same anymore:cry:

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
vintagevw
14 years ago
I would like to have the Alfa Romeo sign!:beer:
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
GKL 7
14 years ago

and the paint in places is a bit used.

Andy Sparks wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah!right Andy mate,it HAS been thru' a war,you know.
(no offence,it just made me laugh).
48REME
14 years ago
I think Andy has a point. I mean after all, you're paying quite a bit of money for a car which doesn't even have A/C, a radio or a CD player and not even a solid roof!
Does it only come in beige? :lol:
kdf38
14 years ago
Is it in original paint or has it seen action since a repaint ???

I hope no one would add A/C, a radio or a CD player , or a solid roof.
I've seen pics of a few hacked-up ones before.

They *were* available in a few more paint schemes

Mike

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah!right Andy mate,it HAS been thru' a war,you know.
(no offence,it just made me laugh).

'50 Karmann wrote:

Mike
Texas
Nov. 1947 +
Febr 1949 shell
kdf38
14 years ago
that may get you banned for a bit! 😳 :lol:

Yeah right dream on ! :roll:

Don't think there will be any takers for that one, unless you want to swop for Dinky ones? :lol:

Then maybe Rob will do a trade :wink:

lou cypher wrote:

Mike
Texas
Nov. 1947 +
Febr 1949 shell
Andy Sparks
14 years ago

I think Andy has a point. I mean after all, you're paying quite a bit of money for a car which doesn't even have A/C, a radio or a CD player and not even a solid roof!
Does it only come in beige? :lol:

48REME wrote:

:lol: But honestly, it has a fair amount of chips and scratches, and for that money it should be perfect.

You wait till you get out your car all smelly at Hessisch next time, after the cruise, My A/C will be worth it's weight. :lol:
You can never have too many accessories on your car. 🙂