vintagevw
14 years ago
Spring is attached to the body and to the mechanism in front of the cassistunnel.
I don't know how the spring looks like....
Who can help with that? :beer:  Afbeelding 1620.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Kev
  • Kev
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago
I don't have a spare but this is what you need, I don't see why you can't get something similar at a good hardware store.

UserPostedImage

Spring is just over 100mm long, 12mm wide and the hooked ends are approx 15mm long from the end of the coiled spring (note one of mine is bent out of shape. Spring hooks over the lug at the bottom of the bar in your picture and the other end hooks on something in the tunnel.

Hope that helps

Cheers
Kev
GKL 7
14 years ago
There is a shop near-by where i live, will make any spring you like.
Pascal i'm sure in Belgium you must have the same.
Etzhold1
14 years ago
Pascal,

I'll check my boxes, I must have a few spare springs !
But Where???:oops:
I'll let you know if I found them

CU,

Guido:wink:
vintagevw
14 years ago
Thanks Kev for the picture!
Hi Guido,
Thanks!
There is also a store very close to me who is making springs but I need the exact model.

Etzhold1
14 years ago
sorry Pascal ,

No springs anymore in the box !!:oops: :oops:

Guido
vintagevw
14 years ago
A shame, no one else?
I can make a copy but I need an original...
Thanks for your help! :wink:
Rich Oakley
14 years ago
Sorry Pascal, I cannot help with a new spring, but a word of advice to anybody who is taking out their brake pedal/handbrake pushrods- MAKE SURE THE SPRING IS TIED TO THE TORSION BAR NUT VERY SECURELY!!!! Mine slipped off yesterday and it took me SIX hours to fish it out from the framehead. Not a nice job to do!!
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
vintagevw
14 years ago

Sorry Pascal, I cannot help with a new spring, but a word of advice to anybody who is taking out their brake pedal/handbrake pushrods- MAKE SURE THE SPRING IS TIED TO THE TORSION BAR NUT VERY SECURELY!!!! Mine slipped off yesterday and it took me SIX hours to fish it out from the framehead. Not a nice job to do!!

Rich Oakley wrote:

I know what you mean Rich,
Everything was missing inside the tunnel.
I found every part exept the spring but I will check if there is much diffrence between the springs inside the brake drumms.
We where with 3 persons to mount and hold everything in place....
Absolute not a nice job to do!:(
vintagevw
14 years ago
I've attached a brake drum spring and it is working! :d
After 1 hour it was fixed after shouting H*ll and D*vil,not an easy job! :lol:
I'll try to find a correct one to make a copy.
Rich Oakley
14 years ago

I've attached a brake drum spring and it is working! :d
After 1 hour it was fixed after shouting H*ll and D*vil,not an easy job! :lol:
I'll try to find a correct one to make a copy.

vintagevw wrote:

I'm glad you got it fixed with the brake spring Pascal. I think it is one of the most difficult jobs on any VW I have worked on. I have now attached a loop of 1mm stainless steel welding wire to the front of my spring and attached a piece of string! I will never lose the spring again!!
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.