JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
14 years ago
A few pictures of some of the vintage cars from a local show at the weekend.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Some old black shed managing to creep into the background.
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Very tidy 56 Standard. Had a good chat with the owner. Restored twenty years ago and still looked top.
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

You want it! You want it bad!! I had to include a pic of The James Dean tribute Beetle, with glittery paint and murals all over the place. The decklid had one of those totally bitchin´ clear plexi panels so you could see the red painted engine and single carb.
UserPostedImage

Sepia coloured Zwitter, belonging to Thomson - the organiser of the show. The cyclops bonnet was used on a rally Beetle in the fifties. Tons of accessories on this car and he´s working on a Pre A 356 motor for it too.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
GKL 7
14 years ago
Cyclops third light.
Always think i must have seen it all by now,and up pops another new thing.
You're lucky living out there JD must be going on every weekend thru the summer.
vicpolky
14 years ago
What a fantastic range of cars, thanks for sharing the pics. :beer:
pp
  • pp
14 years ago

A few pictures of some of the vintage cars from a local show at the weekend.
UserPostedImage

JD wrote:

:shock: Mach 1
a real one..???

www.ppress.be  - Classic Car Photography
JD
  • JD
14 years ago
I doubt it, though I don´t know anything about them.

What can you tell us?
UserPostedImage
zelensis61
14 years ago
MACH1 :
From a blog from Geoffroy

https://aircooledvwstuff.skynetblogs.be/tag/1/Mach1 

A few people asked me to show more about Mach1 special edition.
Here it is.

The Mach1 special edition beetle was created at the end of 1964 by D'Ieteren (Belgian VW importer), without agreement of Wolfsburg.

A few characteristics:

Dropped, Porsche 356 wheels with radial tires, Oettinger Okrasa TSV 1300 tuned engine, 160km/h speedometer, tachometer and oil temperature gauge, black upholstery and flat black dashboard, type 3 steering wheel, Mach1 stickers.
Available: Java Green or Ruby Red, with or without white stripe.

Less than 130 were made... Howmany survived ?!?

The story goes that there are at least 2 cars found in the past years in BELGIUM.
Maybe there will be one to see in Hessisch , just maybe.

Greetings Peter

ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
pp
  • pp
14 years ago
Found this information on se.beetles.com:

During autumn 1964 Brussels based Belgian VW importer D'Ieteren planned to uprate 300 1200cc Beetles with Oettinger Okrasa tuned 1300cc engines. However due to pressure from Volkswagen only 29 were finally supplied. These 50hp engines featured counterweighted crankshafts, Solex 32 PBIC twin carburetors, separate cylinder inlet channels, sodium filled exhaust valves. Clutch was from Transporter. Chassis featured camber compensator, front stabiliser bar, uprated shock absorbers. Wheels were 6.5x15 of Porsche origin. Available as Ruby Red (L456) or Java Green (L518 ) with white centre stripe and side front quarter sticker badges. Interior Black Leatherette, flat black instrument panel with 160km/h speedometer, tachometer and oil temperature gauges. Also black two spoke steering wheel from the Type 3 1500. The original 'Herbie'?

UserPostedImage

https://www.sebeetles.com/mach1.htm 

Regards,
Paul

JD
  • JD
14 years ago
I rather doubt the green car was the real thing. It was a Cal looker, which is why I didn´t show a pic of the whole car. No white stripe either.

I remember seeing a red Mach1 at the last Camberg.
UserPostedImage
pp
  • pp
14 years ago

I remember seeing a red Mach1 at the last Camberg.

JD wrote:

Yep, saw that one too, but I was told it was a replica, not a real one either...