mattfromportugal
14 years ago
Whilst on the Portuguese Vintage VW run this past weekend, (images to follow in approppriate forum) I got talking with a Dutch chap and his wife, Edward and Winnie who now live here. They had brought along a very nice KG convertible in Ivory white, and of course as they spoke English we hit it off, and found out we shared some things in common.

However more interestingly for Pre67vw, it turns out that he was the owner of one of three Hebmullers in Holland, which he sold +/- 15 years ago to a chap in Belgium for around 15,000 euros. He has owned and restored a large number of vintage VWs including a 1951 Police Cabriolet, and numerous splits etc. He said he used to win many awards in the late 70s, early to mid 80s in the UK, Stoneleigh etc. Some of you may know who he is. He has a huge number of photographs which I will have to go through with him. One of the most interesting stories was that he and his wife bought 300 NOS grooved bumpers for splits still in OG volkswagen wrapping (100 front, 200 rear) for the then cost of 10 euros a piece: these he then sold on at shows such as Bad Camberg back in the day. Winnie became known as the bumper woman (Sorry, he did give me the German expression but I can't recall it). Back in the 80s, his job involved driving through Holland, and on these journeys he'd visit all the VW dealerships and buy out all their vintage NOS parts - although mostly all gone now he did say he had a couple of NOS 28 pict (?) carbs left as part of his collection, and he was just about to start restoring a 1945 VW engine...

An amazing chap to talk to with a wealth of knowledge, and stated he used to be a concours judge at many of the shows. Can't wait to get his impression of my ragged 54 oval...
Semaphores sourced, thanks Rich... looking for Westy SO23 interior parts.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
heb623
14 years ago

which he sold +/- 15 years ago to a chap in Belgium for around 15,000 euros.

mattfromportugal wrote:

Keep on dreaming!:lol:
The Heb was sold in 1998 yo be exactly and if my memory is still working the curen
cy back then were Dutch Guilders and no Euro's!!! :shock:

:twisted: ET
I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
kdf38
14 years ago
Sounds like a bargain !

Mike

Keep on dreaming!:lol:
The Heb was sold in 1998 yo be ecxatly and if my memory is still working the curenty back then were Dutch Guilders and no Euro's!!! :shock:

heb623 wrote:

Mike
Texas
Nov. 1947 +
Febr 1949 shell
heb623
14 years ago
Yep the man was very lucky to find a Heb for that price!8)

:twisted:
mattfromportugal
14 years ago

The Heb was sold in 1998 yo be ecxatly and if my memory is still working the curenty back then were Dutch Guilders and no Euro's!!!

Of course, that's why I said +/- 15 years ago, as he didn't give me an exact date, and thanks for the pedantic lesson re Euros, I merely related the value he quoted, I really didn't feel the need to do a conversion back to guilders, and it would have meant nothing anyway. By the way, if being pedantic is your thing, perhaps check your spelling before posting... A shame that you felt you could be rude in your reply as I thought it would be something members might be interested in.

zelensis61
14 years ago
I know where that car is now ...:roll:
If the owner won't tell , I will neither :evil: .

bargains are still out there....you just have to find them:? .

ET, Say hello to guido, please. I hope he is coming to HO...I need to know before I leave...If so I need some extra cooling in the car for the :beer:

Greets.
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
heb623
14 years ago

Of course, that's why I said +/- 15 years ago, as he didn't give me an exact date, and thanks for the pedantic lesson re Euros, I merely related the value he quoted, I really didn't feel the need to do a conversion back to guilders, and it would have meant nothing anyway. By the way, if being pedantic is your thing, perhaps check your spelling before posting... A shame that you felt you could be rude in your reply as I thought it would be something members might be interested in.

mattfromportugal wrote:

Itchy today?:shock:
Looks to me somebody who can't get around with my kind of humor!
By the way it was not my intention to make you look folish![-x
I think you just did it yourself?:wink:

:evil: ET

I think I know where that car s too!
But I think that the owner has changed his mind and will not go to HO just because the Heb inspite the many promisses he got isn't finished!! 2013 for sure!! (maybe!!!)
GKL 7
14 years ago

A shame that you felt you could be rude in your reply

mattfromportugal wrote:

Matt,don't worry this is E.T,he is one of the good guys.
He has a sense of humour like myself,very strange.
If i guess right,he will know more about this Heb than any one else on here......after all, he has restored it twice:lol::twisted:
mattfromportugal
14 years ago
Yes, alas humour does not often translate well in written form and I do hope there are no misunderstandings. If it is E.T's car, I hope that I'll be able to get hold of some older photos of it, and a bit more personal history pertaining to the car prior to its sale by Edward. E.T - do you have any pictures of it now: I'm sure he'd like to see. I think it was one of the later ones?

Matt
GKL 7
14 years ago
https://forums.pre67vw.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=14364 

Check it out Matt,a fantastic job is being done despite E.T's mis-fortune with the first body man(alias the Dutch Bondo Butcher).
zelensis61
14 years ago
Matt, actualy it is here somewhere....:wink:
https://forums.pre67vw.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=14364 

ET, I hope you do not mind that I point Matt in the right direction.:oops:
I am sure ET and others ( included me and Rob :wink: ) will be thrilled to see some period picts, even if they are from the 80's.

ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
GKL 7
14 years ago
Is there an ECHO in here Peter.
zelensis61
14 years ago
the echo is only a few seconds to late George, :wink: You typed less in your reply then me...so you won :beer:
GKL 7
14 years ago
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: that means your round,i'll claim my prize soon:wink:
heb623
14 years ago

alias the Dutch Bondo Butcher.

'50 Karmann wrote:

Sorry George but the bondo man isn't a butcher 😳 He just practised his skills to become (good) confectioner:lol:
(for the Dutch speaking under us who don't understand the word "confectioner" een banketbakker.
Maar dan wel ene van het zevende knoopsgat!:lol:

GKL 7
14 years ago

confectioner

heb623 wrote:

He must have used a big one of these  667586.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
heb623
14 years ago

He must have used a big one of these

'50 Karmann wrote:

Yes he tried baked even cakes with a weight of more than 30 kgs.:shock:
But guess what:?: He failed in his final examination:!:

GKL 7
14 years ago

He failed in his final examination

heb623 wrote:

Now he must clean toilets.
vintagevw
14 years ago
But I think that the owner has changed his mind and will not go to HO just because the Heb inspite the many promisses he got isn't finished!! 2013 for sure!! (maybe!!!)

You still have 3,5 weeks ET! :twisted:
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
Etzhold1
14 years ago
Pascal,

He's just trying to get some attention, If ET is not comming with his Heb !
I'll take it from his garage and trailer it to HO!
Yes ET check the hour that I posted this, I could not sleep because you're writing stuff like that, I wished, that nothing was happened and that I was able to finish your car, but Snor will do it for me don't worry, I'll go Again to his garage today !
BTW Stop making me angry ! I'm not in the mood after what they did to me yesterday in the hospital :evil:

Guido