48REME
  • 48REME
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
14 years ago
This seems to be a very interesting buy for 7000 euros, a 1958 Standard originally from Belgium, finished in black (never heard of or seen another).
The guy says that all Standard bits are there and that he drives it evryday. Interesting export-only detail: the piping around the seats and the carpet
in the luggage compartment. Shame about the aluminium waistline strips. Might even be an original request according to the owner...:wink:

https://annonces.flat4ever.com/listing-7286-vends_ou_echange_cox_1958_standa.html 
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
VW Stan
14 years ago
Very nice, and very odd!
:shock: :shock:

It's hard to say what my girlfriend does for a living...

...She sells sea shells on the sea shore!
stu
  • stu
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago
they look better in grey, doesnt look right in gloss black
Rich Oakley
14 years ago
Very nice, but very odd at the same time.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
54 Gertie
14 years ago

Very nice, but very odd at the same time.

Rich Oakley wrote:

Yes, with all the deluxe trim and standard rubbers it looks like someone has bought cheapo cal look rubbers! :oops: 😳 :lol:
William
stu
  • stu
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago
& white wall tyres!! ewwww
48REME
  • 48REME
14 years ago
Nothing that can't be rectified though. The rare choice of colour is what makes it different from the others...:wink:
GKL 7
14 years ago

& white wall tyres!! ewwww

stu wrote:

Should appeal to Rob then.
54 Gertie
14 years ago

Nothing that can't be rectified though. The rare choice of colour is what makes it different from the others...:wink:

48REME wrote:

:wink:

William
pre67vw
14 years ago

Should appeal to Rob then.

'50 Karmann wrote:

Not on a standard 😳
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
48REME
  • 48REME
14 years ago
I would change the wheel colour to the original scheme, with black outer rims and ivory inner rims.
Out with the front bonnet trim and crest as well as the running board strips and you end up with a pretty severe little car.
I'd even have red and white Belgian plates for originality...:wink:
Standard split
14 years ago
Looks far too much like a Deluxe for my liking 😶

The gloss black paint certainly would make it look better dulled down.

Off with all the exterior body trim, no chrome except the headlight surrounds and bin the white-walls. Black bumpers and hubcaps with red VW logos, and a red pin-stripe along each side of the body :wink:

Yes Nicolas, I know that this would not be the exact factory spec for this late '50s car, but it would look very severe and just as a Standard looks best :beer:

Picture 1.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
48REME
  • 48REME
14 years ago

Black bumpers and hubcaps with red VW logos, and a red pin-stripe along each side of the body

Standard split wrote:

:shock: But this a Belgian Standard not a German one!:shock: Each to their own though, I suppose!:beer:
Standard split
14 years ago

:shock: But this a Belgian Standard not a German one!:shock: Each to their own though, I suppose!:beer:

48REME wrote:

Yes you're correct of course, but like I said previous:

I know that this would not be the exact factory spec for this late '50s car, but it would look very severe and just as a Standard looks best

:wink: :wink:

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
stu
  • stu
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago
it wouldnt be to difficult to change most of the stuff on this car to return it to a standard, just getting rid of the whitewalls would change the cars looks quite a bit for the better