Larry
  • Larry
  • Regular Topic Starter
20 years ago
Rob,

Something just caught my attention. Since this is a Pre-67 web site should you not change the "57 - 67 Discussions" to "57 - 66 Discussions :?: Or am I just not reading it correctly?

The 12-volt system and headlights on the outside of the fenders began on the 1967 model year; here in the U.S. That is the key difference between the '66 and the '67 here.

Wow, I just looked at the clock on this web site. It is 03:00am there but just 09:00pm here. Don't you just love it 🙂 .

Larry[/u]
Enjoy life to the fullest - in a VINTAGE VW
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
pre67vw
20 years ago
Hi Larry,

I think you are probably correct, but the problem is that although its generally accepted that the pre-67 cars are the sloping headlight models - there was a 1967 1500 in Europe which retained the old style (although the rear decklid was a one year only version that is shorter than a '66 and longer than a '68).

This is a nice example here in the readers cars section  and another one here 

So maybe I should rename the site to pre68vw??? I don't know - it doesn't have the same ring to it to me ...
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Larry
  • Larry
  • Regular Topic Starter
20 years ago
NO, I don't think that it needs to be renamed. I agree, Pre-67 sounds good; it would be a shame to change it.

This is a WORLD class web site. The bug has always had it's differences depending on where it was sold in the WORLD. My silver '66 bug was originally delivered to it's first owner, somewhere over there, and then shipped to the States. It contains a steering column lock ignition which was never an option, on a sedan, over here. You very seldom see an ignition like that on bugs around here so it is considered a rare item.

SO, let's just forget that "I noticed something". 🙂
Larry
Enjoy life to the fullest - in a VINTAGE VW
pre67vw
20 years ago
😃

Thats much easier, I like that idea... :lol:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW