mrsherbie
14 years ago
OK, post '77 actually! :lol: but Robs not looking! and I dont know where else to ask!

I have both of them (cassette radios) and they look almost identical and I cant figure out the main actual working differences between them?! ( aside from slight facia layout difference and I guess Gamma is slightly newer?) and want to fit one in my (79beetle:oops: as it has its blank plate fitted in the dash but already has some speakers mounted under the dash anyway from the first owner )

If anyone else knows and can answer correctly before THE Radio Meister gets home for his dinner and on here ( Rich Oakley:beer: ) then I will be really impressed! :lol:

this type:

UserPostedImage

ps. need an answer quick before Rob spots this thread and spontaneously combusts in a nuclear post cold war pre67 explosion!
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
VW Stan
14 years ago
The part numbers are completely different.

Also, the Gamma is 4x 20 Watts and the Beta is 2x 20 Watts.

:wink:

It's hard to say what my girlfriend does for a living...

...She sells sea shells on the sea shore!
pre67vw
14 years ago

OK, post '77 actually! :lol: but Robs not looking!

mrsherbie wrote:

[-x

I'm always looking...
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
VW Stan
14 years ago
Rob gets an email if anyone types a date later than 1967!

:wink:

It's hard to say what my girlfriend does for a living...

...She sells sea shells on the sea shore!
pre67vw
14 years ago
Nah, not an email - I have a big flashing red light and siren :wink:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
harveypj
14 years ago
Hi Anna,
The Gamma is the higher model, I have one in my passat 1.8T sport.

Pete.
Stock......the new custom
GKL 7
14 years ago
Anna
😳
Out of order.
Rich won't, he knows better:wink:
mrsherbie
14 years ago
Thanks Stan & Harvey, I am going to check speakers wattage today as they are quite big old 80s beasts hanging in the footwell :lol:
Yes, we have a gamma in our old audi estate too and its great, and a nos boxed one to fit hidden in our samba to replace the crumby one in there as that also has giant speakers hanging on the inside of the roof screwed through the og cloth headliner :shock: :lol: I just wondered if the Beta would be more in keeping to the beetle being slightly 'older' I suppose :d My daughter has a tape thing that she pugs her ipod into to play in cassette players and I will be using the car daily all summer soon for school runs, and music makes the trip easier in the mornings even though I have to listen to High school musical type pap :lol:

[-x

I'm always looking...

pre67vw wrote:

UserPostedImage
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann