tman
  • tman
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
14 years ago
Can anyone tell me who fitted the 3-fold to RSY 431? I think it was possibly DubMonkeys in Poole, Dorset. The chap who mentioned them to me at the Cornwall VW Jamboree made a point of recommending a particular restorer at this company.

rsy431-2.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Andrew
195x Deluxe oval Beetle
Binz Doublecab
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
54 Gertie
14 years ago
Anyone got any ideas?
William
lifeintheslowlane
14 years ago

Anyone got any ideas?

54 Gertie wrote:

I'll ask. Just sent him an email.
John.
55Kab
14 years ago
Have you guys found a 3-fold roof section yet? Would be nice to see the back of that cardboard! :lol:

54 Gertie
14 years ago

lifeintheslowlane wrote:

Thanks very much 😎

Have you guys found a 3-fold roof section yet? Would be nice to see the back of that cardboard!

55Kab wrote:

Yes. :wink: And yes! :lol:

William
tman
  • tman
14 years ago

lifeintheslowlane wrote:

Many thanks, John.

55 Kab and '50 Karmann's campaign to ridicule "the cardboard" has stepped up a gear recently so we thought we'd better get a move on! :lol: :wink:
Andrew
195x Deluxe oval Beetle
Binz Doublecab
lifeintheslowlane
14 years ago
Mike says he and his wife Holly did the installation (including hand stitching). The canvas (Sonnenland) from Decabrio in Germany and Dave Clarke in Ringwood, Hants cut the lid.
John.
GKL 7
14 years ago

Many thanks, John.

55 Kab and '50 Karmann's campaign to ridicule "the cardboard" has stepped up a gear recently so we thought we'd better get a move on! :lol: :wink:

tman wrote:

:lol: :lol: Your just worried it may go Soggy this winter:lol: :lol:
54 Gertie
14 years ago

Mike says he and his wife Holly did the installation (including hand stitching). The canvas (Sonnenland) from Decabrio in Germany and Dave Clarke in Ringwood, Hants cut the lid.

lifeintheslowlane wrote:

Thanks John :beer:

I have asked on Volks***e if anyone has used him / has contact details etc. 😎
William
Rhodrich
14 years ago
Following on from your post on VZi, I would highly recommend Dave Clarke. He did a sterling job on my Razoredge Karmann Ghia some years ago, making a lot of panels by hand. A true craftsman!

Some 'in progress' pics below:

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Note the NOS wings!

Sadly, I never completed the car, and sold it on as a project to get the money together for my Mercedes 230SL....

UserPostedImage

54 Gertie
14 years ago
Hello Rhodrich

Thats great to see some of his work in the metal!

Someone on my VZi thread mentioned that you had some work done on a Razor by Dave. 😎

Thanks!
William
mrsherbie
14 years ago
I sold a 50s samba sunroof with a very rusty frame to a friend about 6yrs ago and Dave Clarke fitted it into the roof of his perfect tin top split and remade all the missing metal and its a great job, you would never know.

Lovely Razor, and Mercedes! tough choice! Where is the razor now do you know what it looks like?
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
trev0006
14 years ago
That is one major project.

Following on from your post on VZi, I would highly recommend Dave Clarke. He did a sterling job on my Razoredge Karmann Ghia some years ago, making a lot of panels by hand. A true craftsman!

Some 'in progress' pics below:

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
performance tires race cars 
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
tires  cars 
UserPostedImage

Note the NOS wings!

Sadly, I never completed the car, and sold it on as a project to get the money together for my Mercedes 230SL....

UserPostedImage

Rhodrich wrote:

kenithparker
14 years ago
Hey dude you have made a great collection here in this forum. You have a nice and very special car. Keep it up man.

Volkswagen LED Tail Lights 
tman
  • tman
14 years ago

I would highly recommend Dave Clarke. He did a sterling job on my Razoredge Karmann Ghia some years ago

Rhodrich wrote:

Would you happen to have any contact details for him? The number I have been calling never gets answered. Well, it was once by a callminder thing and I left a message but heard nothing back.
Andrew
195x Deluxe oval Beetle
Binz Doublecab
Rhodrich
14 years ago
I don't have it to hand, but I'll see if I can get hold of it for you.

I've no idea where the Razoredge is now :cry: I sold it to a friend of mine, who did some further work before selling it on to a guy in Scotland. The last I heard is that it had had a very expensive rebuild. I've not seen any pictures though. Here's hoping it's back on the road.
Rhodrich
14 years ago
Well I've just heard back from one of my friends who's had a lot of work done with him on a Barndoor Samba.

He's just spoken to Dave, after getting through on the land line (01425 483841). Dave will be there until 6.15 this evening, or from 11am tomorrow, if you'd like to try again.

R
tman
  • tman
14 years ago
Contact made, many thanks for all your help Rhodri! :beer: :beer:
Andrew
195x Deluxe oval Beetle
Binz Doublecab
Cog
14 years ago
As a matter of interest, has anyone seen any prices for a complete 3 fold sunroof recently? just all the metal mechanical parts.. I am guessing they are very.... very expensive...
64 Californian LHD Karmann Cabrio
56 Old Speed Oval RHD (MonteCarlo Rally) (for sale soon)