61 Devon
14 years ago
If any good to anyone some good used brake parts off a 51 on the 4 sale section on VZI
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Caledfryn
14 years ago
How's it progressing Simon??
61 Devon
14 years ago
Zwitter has been sold a couple of weeks back to a guy called Ben from France.
Car needed too much work and money and just lost heart to be honest.

Took delivery of my new toy today a 57 RHD Oval from Sweden. 😎
Is nice and solid with more opportunity to actualy get this one on the road.

Said I wanted something to use for a while instead of just working on it.
You still got your Oval?, would be nice to meet up at Stamford Hall.

DSCF2508.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  DSCF2512.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rich Oakley
14 years ago
Very nice! And very unusual to find a RHD oval in Sweden. What's the story?
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Caledfryn
14 years ago
Nice looking car.

Will definitely try to get to Stanford Hall in the '54 this year (although I'm sure Mr.'64 Rotbox will be along to roll his eyes in a minute or so!)

61 Devon
14 years ago
Unfortunately not much known about the car.
I bought it off Graham at FBI. He went and fetched it from way up North in Sweden from the owner.
He was moving house hence the reason to sell the car.
Came with the Swedish owners document and that's it. Graham does not even know his new address.
Keys were also missing which is a pain as has a nice accessory steering lock - How do I find the code to get a new key ????. Has shear bolts so will have to be drilled off to remove it which again would be a shame.

Not been on the road since 76 so will need brakes and engine sorting. Engine seized at the moment.
I love doing brakes, had done the Zwitter front to back, so will start again !
mrsherbie
14 years ago

Said I wanted something to use for a while instead of just working on it.

61 Devon wrote:

Yes I am with you on that :d its definitely the way forward, I have had my fill of project cars now I am getting old and lazy :lol: I have just realised this week that we dont have anything that needs any welding for the first time :d
Oval looks lovely :beer: nice mirror
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann