Poll Question: Should there be a post 67 aircooled VW section? (Poll is closed)

Total: 18

pre67vw
  • pre67vw
  • Administration Topic Starter
14 years ago

Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago
No.

About the only thing I don´t like is people chopping up un-molested original cars. Start with an old shed if you´r just going to mess with it anyway.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
oval56
14 years ago
for me also no, but i appreciate and respect and accept the pure vintage cars or style, but for me the main thing is not to destroy any original part on body or pan or axle or accesoires. all modifications wich can be changed without welding, hammering grinding and bending are okay for me as long as the builder keeps the original parts...

what i hate is when mostly the pure vintage car freaks disrespect some modifications without getting a closer look and not trying to understand that nothing is distroyed or damaged. :wink: :beer:
www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago

what i hate is when mostly the pure vintage car freaks disrespect some modifications without getting a closer look and not trying to understand that nothing is distroyed or damaged. :wink: :beer:

oval56 wrote:

I bet that´s never happened to you though Andi.:wink:
UserPostedImage
oval56
14 years ago

I bet that´s never happened to you though Andi.:wink:

JD wrote:

you have lost :shock: :wink:

but i'm well known so mostly i get the chance to justice some of my modifications :lol:
www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany
mrsherbie
14 years ago
I certainly am not purist but I just like a car that bloody well DRIVES PROPERLY! :lol: I do like old speed wheels though on stock cars mostly but only if genuine, I am not remotely interested in how my car 'looks' to other people. I enjoy the personal feel good with old parts factor. Hence old 15fuchs on big tyres my fatchick, and old sprints on our samba and O's 50. All stock height.

Hey, why am I the only one who voted 'I dont care, I like what I bloody well like' and I wont be dictated to by magazines or anyone! :twisted:

So here's my message to all you modifiers out there!

Wow! forgotten how great this song is :d
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
mrsherbie
14 years ago

but i'm well known so mostly i get the chance to justice some of my modifications :lol:

oval56 wrote:

:lol: Thats more commonly called 'playing the fame card' :lol: :beer:
64rotbox
14 years ago
No, I just reserve the right to not like things, if I so wish.
You can call me Al.
Sunroof53
14 years ago
No,I like anything VW as long as its done well(My vote).Some people go through stages of liking one thing then another and like me both.I have to have two cars .One is my stock 53 and my other a 66 that is modified .I have never been one for following rules and my 66 has a type 4 engine ,IRS,Porsche brakes and wheels but looks typically cal look .I have used just about all the popular forums ,The samba ,Shop talk forum ,the German look site ,VZI and more recently here.I have had my oval on the road for a couple of years and have got a bit complaciant with it so this year i will put the 66 back on the road and in another year i might change back.Strange thing is that the people who follow the rules are mostly purists not modifiers .Purists are stuck with what VW saw fit to do at the time and even VW made mistakes .For a purist its a small world with nothing left for the imagination.
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago
Interesting points Mr Sunroof. But we shouldn´t forget that there are rabid Cal look and Resto Cal purists, every bit as keen as the bufferiest of stock buffers are for sticking to their own set of rules.
UserPostedImage
johnshenry
14 years ago
GKL 7
14 years ago
Yes- Strictly vintage
54 Gertie
14 years ago
Not really, I can see when a lot of work has gone into a car. My preference is however towards the 'stock' side of things. I can appreciate cars that do something a bit different.

What I don't like are cars that are bought, and the owner feels the overwhelming urge to fit Porsche wheels, 'lower n narrow' it, and just generally follow the crowd.

I honestly think there is far more diversity in the stock scene, where in theory everything should look the same. :lol:
William
Sunroof53
14 years ago

Interesting points Mr Sunroof. But we shouldn´t forget that there are rabid Cal look and Resto Cal purists, every bit as keen as the bufferiest of stock buffers are for sticking to their own set of rules.

JD wrote:

I totally agree and i suppose restocal comes somewhwere between purist and modifiers although still confined to certain rules that define a restocal.The way i see is that we all get somthing from the challenges that owning a car brings.For the purist its finding the rare correct part and making sure things dont shine too much :wink: ,For the modifier its an engineering challenge whether its getting 8x15s under a stock arch or machining a case for aftermarket parts .for the resto cal crowd its all about looks ,a 6" narrowed beam make any Bug handle like a shopping trolley but nobody cares as long as the stance is right However the resto crowd have the same qualitys as the purist and will probably end up being one if thet stay in the scene for long enough, or start to feel a bit silly driving a restocal at the age of 50.
55Kab
14 years ago
don't be silly! :wink: :lol:
55Kab
14 years ago

For a purist its a small boring world with nothing left for the imagination.

Sunroof53 wrote:

Edited that for you. :wink:
Sunroof53
14 years ago

Edited that for you. :wink:

55Kab wrote:

:lol:
mrsherbie
14 years ago

For purists its a reliable world where your car is actually a driver, can still get on ferry ramps without the beam being destroyed, and can actually still turn in a circle

55Kab wrote:

Ah, you see, I always knew you felt this way really :beer:

So 18 people have voted, but only 10 posted, that means 8 convicts have visited from Restowagen :lol:

Votes only count if you post ( you dont have to say what you voted for though)
55Kab
14 years ago

I always knew you felt this way really

mrsherbie wrote:

:lol: :beer:

GKL 7
14 years ago
I'm the only vote for Strictly Vintage so far....Unbelievable:roll: