55Kab
  • 55Kab
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
14 years ago
Thought I'd have a second go at this, seen at Bad Camberg 2007...anyone? Or did you take any photos of it?
 363645.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
vintagevw
14 years ago
I took photo's of it but have to look where they are.
I guess it was a '55 cab.
I've talked also with the owner.
Is n't he an Italian guy?
I had the same one long time ago but needed a big resto.
Also Iris blue metallic.
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
54 Gertie
14 years ago
Have you spoken with Charles Oldroyd? Is his '56 cabrio not Iris Blue as well?
William
RoRoVw
14 years ago
Yes Charles' 1956 cabrio is Iris Blue. He doesn't post on here but can be contacted through The Historic Club where he's Chairman.
55Kab
  • 55Kab
14 years ago

I took photo's of it but have to look where they are.
I guess it was a '55 cab.
I've talked also with the owner.
Is n't he an Italian guy?
I had the same one long time ago but needed a big resto.
Also Iris blue metallic.

vintagevw wrote:

Would be great if you can find your photos Pascal. From the plates it looks to be Italian.

Would love to see some pics of your Iris Blue car. :wink:

55Kab
  • 55Kab
14 years ago

Have you spoken with Charles Oldroyd? Is his '56 cabrio not Iris Blue as well?

54 Gertie wrote:

That's the thing Will, his car is a 56.

I want to contact an owner with an original or restored 55 or late 54 car.

55Kab
  • 55Kab
14 years ago

Yes Charles' 1956 cabrio is Iris Blue. He doesn't post on here but can be contacted through The Historic Club where he's Chairman.

RoRoVw wrote:

He just made his first post on RW! :shock:

Slam it on earlies is what I say... :wink: (alright Anna don't get worked up, I'll get me coat! :lol: )

GKL 7
14 years ago
Charles has been known to post here.(1 post)
Think there was once something he felt he should answer to.
vintagevw
14 years ago
Sorry, mine needed restoring but was a Mai 1955.
I only took 2 pics of that car, I remember his English was superb like an Enlishman in New York. :lol:
I've sold my 1955 Karmann vert with planning of buying a heb, 2 and a half years before I got the heb!
Last 2 pics are mine! :wink:  Afbeelding 1024.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 1027.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 085.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 088.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
mrmagyar
14 years ago
The number plate is Italian and shows the car is from the town of Bolzano in northern Italy, close to the Austrian border (where it's known as Bozen). Bella automobile!
1949 Belgian Standard
1955 UK RHD De Luxe
vintagebug
14 years ago

Another photo of the same car, Martin-

IrisVert.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
54 Gertie
14 years ago
Brile52 lives in Bolzano (Bozen)

Im sure he will know of the owner.

https://forums.pre67vw.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=16840 
William
brille52
14 years ago
Email send !

a8)
55Kab
  • 55Kab
14 years ago

Email send !

a8)

brille52 wrote:

Tks Andreas. Got it. :beer:

55Kab
  • 55Kab
14 years ago

Sorry, mine needed restoring but was a Mai 1955.
I only took 2 pics of that car, I remember his English was superb like an Enlishman in New York. :lol:
I've sold my 1955 Karmann vert with planning of buying a heb, 2 and a half years before I got the heb!
Last 2 pics are mine! :wink:

vintagevw wrote:

Thanks for posting the photos Pascal. That car sure looks nice.

What's the story on your old car? Is it being restored now?

austria
14 years ago
Some other pics!

I also restore a 56 cabrio since last week! A lot of work - but that doesn't matter!

I like ovalis!!:lol: :lol: :lol:  DSC_1214.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  DSC_1349.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  DSC_1375.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  DSC_1454.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
55Kab
  • 55Kab
14 years ago

Some other pics!

I also restore a 56 cabrio since last week! A lot of work - but that doesn't matter!

austria wrote:

Thanks for posting austria. I do like the look of the Petri wheel, thinks I'll have to get me one of those! Not sure about the aerial in the middle of the windscreen though, I'm happy VW Motors put mine on the front quarter panel. BTW, love to see some pics of your 56. :wink:

Just to add a bit of the history on this car. Andreas (brille52) knew of this car for some time when it was stored and the then owner wouldn't sell it to him. During another check one day he was extremely disappointed to find the owner had sold the car to a dealer from ALA. The current owner acquired the car from the dealer.

The rare thing about this car is that it still has its original number that it was given when new. Something that Andreas says is very unusual for an old Beetle in Italy.