55Kab
  • 55Kab
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
14 years ago
Anyone know how the SEKURIT logo and number was put on the glass? A bit anal I know (well ok, very anal :lol: ) but I'm in the process of having a new windscreen made for the Cabrio and I want the SEKURIT logo and number on the new glass...

...so were they etched or sand blasted? :?

Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago
:shock:

"My name is Martin - and I´m an authenticity addict..." :beer:

If you can´t tell by looking at the original, then I wouldn´t worry too much. I´d assume it was blasted though. Has to have been easier.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
GKL 7
14 years ago

Anyone know how the SEKURIT logo and number was put on the glass? A bit anal I know (well ok, very anal :lol: ) but I'm in the process of having a new windscreen made for the Cabrio and I want the SEKURIT logo and number on the new glass...

...so were they etched or sand blasted? :?

55Kab wrote:

You could save yourself a lot of hassle and buy the one i have left.I did three 1 in my '50,1 in a '51 in California and this one,etched and ready:wink:
55Kab
  • 55Kab
14 years ago

:shock:

"My name is Martin - and I´m an authenticity addict..." :beer:

If you can´t tell by looking at the original, then I wouldn´t worry too much. I´d assume it was blasted though. Has to have been easier.

JD wrote:

:lol: :lol: :beer:

I know, I know, I'm starting to sound more like Prof Oakley every day 😳 And I really don't get it myself...I mean...how on one hand can I be talking about things like this and then not be too concerned about the little matters of 4 wheel disc's, Berg5's and EFI etc...:lol: :lol:

Gotta be ready for when it goes back to stock though...(Sssshhhhh, don't tell anyone I said that...:wink: )

That's the conclusion I came to James. Just wondered what the response would be. I posted the same question on the Samba as I thought that would provide some laughs!

55Kab
  • 55Kab
14 years ago

You could save yourself a lot of hassle and buy the one i have left.I did three 1 in my '50,1 in a '51 in California and this one,etched and ready:wink:

'50 Karmann wrote:

Well WHY didn't you say before.....:roll:

Monsieur Evil one will be happy as he's spent most of today driving all over Cornwall trying to find someone that didn't say..."nah, don't fink I can make that mate"...closely followed by..."you want what put-in on it?"....

email coming your way sir. :beer:
zelensis61
14 years ago
If George can help you with a window, go for it...His cabrio was stunning.
If you break that one :roll: ....ask -Vintagevw- pascal. He had some convertible front windows made and the complete Hebmuller window set with logo.
This is why this forum is...to ask around and to get some answers.:lol:
Greets.
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
vintagevw
14 years ago
I still have some! :wink:
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
55Kab
  • 55Kab
14 years ago

If George can help you with a window, go for it...His cabrio was stunning.

zelensis61 wrote:

Indeed it was and it looks like George has come to my rescue!:d

55Kab
  • 55Kab
14 years ago

I still have some! :wink:

vintagevw wrote:

Tks Pascal, I may need to come to you if I break the one George has fitting it! :lol: