oval56
  • oval56
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
12 years ago
so, finally i made it, my dream come true and i finished the new engien for my hebmüller.

the plan was to buld an vintagelooking engine, nearly :wink: :beer: period correct but with some hard modifications inside.

some parts i collected:
*356 crank (lightened, balanced, regrounded)
*356 rods (lightened, balanced, new bushings)
*356 cylinders and pistons (82,5)
*356 super 90 rockers
*rebuild 36hp case (linebored, sandseal modification)
*wolfsburgwest Okrasakit (was for me the best decicion to modify thes things, not original suff)
*356 flywheel (lightened, 200mm clutch)
*oilsump (modified to fit on a 36hp case)
*26mm schadek oilpump
*fram setup
*Oilcoolinglines
*383 dizzy with flat cap
*starcoil, OT pulley

the enginecase got it's treatment, also the heads (welding, bigger valves, modified ports, and the main thing, modification of the rockerarmsetup with porsche parts)

the last things i searched for have been the carbs, a set of Solex 40pbic from a Porsche 1500super (2pc case). i got a set final, and after a hard rebuild the look really good on my also modified okrasa manifolds. i also have flipped the mechanic of the linkage, becaus the trottle bodys open inverse to the original okrasa setup.

so following are some pictures and final the video's

--------> machining the case 


modification of the heads:

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

--------> machining the heads 

--------> some stupid shit after grinding :lol:  

the rod's prepolished and balanced:

UserPostedImage


some enginestuff:

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage


manifold modification

UserPostedImage


carb puzzle :lol: :roll:

UserPostedImage


some valvecovers with eastereggs :lol: :shock:

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage


and the time came some days ago when i installed the engine:

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage


last modification: aircleaners to fit under the heb decklid... (i'm not he fan of hammering the lid or installing empi eybrows for bigger airfilters :lol: [-x :lol: )

and finally on the easterweekend the engine got it first start.... (i changed several times my undewear before i was able to start this engine :shock: :lol: )


--------> finally it runns well :d  



so know i need my rims to drive it, but they are still at the welder :? :cry: :cry:

www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
Wow! Damn!! Can´t wait to see how it runs.:beer: 😎

Whats happening to your wheels to need welding?
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
oval56
  • oval56
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
12 years ago
JD wrote:

Wow! Damn!! Can´t wait to see how it runs.:beer: 😎

Whats happening to your wheels to need welding?



me too James :lol:

after the fact that i used my spare rims and 2 painted ones for the heb (only for the feature in HO'09 i tock my chromed set from my 57) i was forced to do the chrometreatement on an further set....

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage


and now the are at backwelding the centers... he has prommised to shipp it this week and i hope i get it until friday :-)

www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany
pre67vw
12 years ago
Engine looks beautiful!! :beer:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
brille52
12 years ago
....finally it runs well ...: Sounds gooooooooooooood,Andreas !!! :d
A GREAT engine for a GREAT car !!!!

a8)
oval56
  • oval56
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
12 years ago
brille52 wrote:

....finally it runs well ...: Sounds gooooooooooooood,Andreas !!! :d
A GREAT engine for a GREAT car !!!!

a8)



thanks andreas, i hope it will run long enough :wink:
www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany
vicpolky
12 years ago
Great looking and sounding motor - nice work 🙂
oval56
  • oval56
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
12 years ago
...and finaly on the dyno after 3500kms...

sure, carb setting could make some minimal improvement to get the 90ps, but it runss great and i will not change anything at the moment...


that is my face looking at the moment::d :d

the video:

https://www.oval56.de/video/heb455%20dynoday.wmv 


printout:


UserPostedImage



JOB done, so what is next :idea: :? :?:
www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
oval56 wrote:



JOB done, so what is next :idea: :? :?:




Supercharger?:d

Can´t seem to see the video.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
Sunroof53
12 years ago
Brakes :!: :lol:
oval56
  • oval56
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
12 years ago
Sunroof53 wrote:

Brakes :!: :lol:



356 A on front

356 preA on rear

:wink: :beer:

done :lol:

www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany
zelensis61
12 years ago
oval56 wrote:

...and finaly on the dyno after 3500kms...

sure, carb setting could make some minimal improvement to get the 90ps, but it runss great and i will not change anything at the moment...


that is my face looking at the moment::d :d

the video:

https://www.oval56.de/video/heb455%20dynoday.wmv 


printout:


UserPostedImage



JOB done, so what is next :idea: :? :?:



New tacho and spare underware....for casual passengers :lol:

ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
Sunroof53
12 years ago
oval56 wrote:

356 A on front

356 preA on rear

:wink: :beer:

done :lol:



Sorry ,you are way ahead.Maybe some gearbox mods with tall gearing for the new power.
pre67vw
12 years ago
oval56 wrote:

JOB done, so what is next :idea: :? :?:



Sell it to me!!:lol:

Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
heb623
12 years ago
pre67vw wrote:

Sell it to me!!:lol:



Nah Rob, you are too stingy!!!:evil:

:twisted: ET
I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
vintagevw
12 years ago
Andi, lets go to the Santa Pod raceway and try to beat me! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Great work men!
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
oval56
  • oval56
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
12 years ago
pre67vw wrote:

Sell it to me!!:lol:




[-x 😳 😳 not for sale :d it's MY driver 😛 :beer: :lol:

vintagevw wrote:

Andi, lets go to the Santa Pod raceway and try to beat me! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Great work men!




yes pascal, wich gear should i lock :?: :lol: :beer:
thanks :beer:

Sunroof53 wrote:

Sorry ,you are way ahead.Maybe some gearbox mods with tall gearing for the new power.




yes indeed a good idia, but i try a search and get zerro result :shock: :evil: on that topic. any input or idea??
www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany
Sunroof53
12 years ago
oval56 wrote:






yes indeed a good idia, but i try a search and get zerro result :shock: :evil: on that topic. any input or idea??



What gearbox do you have at the moment ? my knowledge of early porsche boxes is limited but a final drive of 4.12 works well with that kind of power .If you just want to cruise at speed a high final drive is good but i prefer better acceleration .I believe early porsche boxes have closer ratios as well.I am thinking the porcshe forum on the samba is the place to be for this stuff as i have only ever used VW boxes.

Mike
oval56
  • oval56
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
12 years ago
Sunroof53 wrote:

What gearbox do you have at the moment ? my knowledge of early porsche boxes is limited but a final drive of 4.12 works well with that kind of power .If you just want to cruise at speed a high final drive is good but i prefer better acceleration .I believe early porsche boxes have closer ratios as well.I am thinking the porcshe forum on the samba is the place to be for this stuff as i have only ever used VW boxes.

Mike




i drive the standard crashbox none synchro @ all gears.... i want to keep it, i like the shifting and handling.. but an longer 4.gear would be very helpfull 🙂
www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany
Sunroof53
12 years ago
Its a long shot but could you remachine a late model mainshaft to fit a split case box ?ring gear would also need swapping but it would give you taller gearing on all four cogs
Copyright © Rob Amos 2019. No part of this site can be reproduced without consent. | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy | Contact