stickman
14 years ago
I have been meaning to post a photo of my 1960 beetle for some time now. I have owned her for 10 years now and still have not started her restoration :oops:

Hopefully work will start inside 12 months, but while the sun is shing I am looking forward to plenty of drives!

If anyone knows the carpet colour and paint codes for the wheels, gear stick, steering wheel, fuel tank etc that would be great. The car colour is Indigo Blue  IMGP1552.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMGP1553.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Rich Oakley
14 years ago
Nice car.

Wheel centre should be White Blue (L437), rim should be Rim Blue (L438 ). Carpet- Anthracite in the front, Silver Grey in the luggage compartment. Headliner- grey. Steering wheel, seat frames, handbrake, gearstick- Stone Beige (L471).
All from memory, so don't shoot me if I got the paint code numbers wrong!

Rich.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
stickman
14 years ago
Wow,

Thanks Rich. I didn't expect such a quick and thorough response! It was a surprise the wheel colour, i always imagined a light cream for example combined with Indigo Blue, but the main car colour was not used on the wheels then.

Thanks once again, only thing left with a query would be the fuel tank. Would this have been black?

Cheers

Nick
Rich Oakley
14 years ago

Wow,

Thanks Rich. I didn't expect such a quick and thorough response! It was a surprise the wheel colour, i always imagined a light cream for example combined with Indigo Blue, but the main car colour was not used on the wheels then.

Thanks once again, only thing left with a query would be the fuel tank. Would this have been black?

Cheers

Nick

stickman wrote:

Oops, sorry. :oops: L29 Grey-Blue for the tank.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
pre67vw
14 years ago
Rich, you're like the Rainman for VW facts...
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
MARKYSTEW
14 years ago
More pics please ,love that colour:d
stickman
14 years ago

Oops, sorry. :oops: L29 Grey-Blue for the tank.

Rich Oakley wrote:

Thanks again Rich, this is much appreciated:wink:
Standard split
14 years ago
Looks a gem:beer:

A late semaphore car still with the cloth headliner, love the colour too 😎

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
48REME
14 years ago
Any pic from the back? It looks absolutely lovely:wink:
Standard split
14 years ago

I have been meaning to post a photo of my 1960 beetle for some time now. I have owned her for 10 years now and still have not started her restoration :oops:

stickman wrote:

It certainly doesn't look as though it needs a restoration to me:? :?:

Any pic from the back? It looks absolutely lovely:wink:

48REME wrote:

Come on please, 48REME and me are waiting to see a back view :d

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
Ovaltine
13 years ago
Why a restoration?

Lets see those pictures:o

The way to end a good day out with your Split is with an Ovaltine!