Ovaltine
13 years ago

:shock: Reminds me of a boy at school that would gladly take sweets from anyone and not share any of his own.Needless to say he ended up lonlely.:roll:

Sunroof53 wrote:

.... a saddo with just an old car called Rattltrap for company :evil:

Take Rattletrap out so we can see it:!:

The way to end a good day out with your Split is with an Ovaltine!
48REME
13 years ago
Fantastic-looking car! I love a car from Belgium with that lovely big B.:wink:
mrmagyar
13 years ago
Hello everyone,

Well, the '49 Standard went for its first UK MOT this Thursday and passed with flying colours, and not even an advisory! So armed with its new MOT and insurance certificate we went to the DVLA office in Leeds yesterday afternoon to get the car registered in the UK and around 25 minutes later had everything sorted. The new tax disc with its new UK age-related registration number should arrive on Monday morning and shortly after that its V10 and a document which will enable us to get soime plates made up. Hats off to the DVLA for being so quick, efficient and friendly. I still can't believe how simple the whole process has been. There's a lot to be said for being in the EU, at least in this case!

Here's a photo of Phil with the split having its ABS, catalytic converter and air-bags checked out on its MOT.

Cheers,
Andy.  SplittyhavinganMOTMay2010001.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
1949 Belgian Standard
1955 UK RHD De Luxe
Standard split
13 years ago
Good to hear it all went so unbelievably smoothly :beer:

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
Ovaltine
13 years ago
Will we be seeing some detailed pictures.

It looks a real nice car :beer:
The way to end a good day out with your Split is with an Ovaltine!
vintagevw
13 years ago
The previous owner, who restored the 49 didn't run more then 3000KM with the split.
Congrats with the buy.
Nice car!
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!