Rich Oakley
13 years ago
Does anybody have a definitive answer as to when VW stopped using the Huf 26mm carburettor? I believe the Huf version was used between 1945-47 because the factory could not obtain the parts from Solex (or whoever was building Solex carburettors under licence from the French). I have recently obtained the correct style Huf carb for my '47, but it is datestamped 4.49.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

PS: 'nuf respekt to Malc who suggested I get this carb refurbished by Carburettor Exchange in Leighton Buzzard. They done good.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Kev
  • Kev
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago
Hi Rich,

I too thought around 47 VW switched to Solex, but supply issues may have meant they carried on using either for some time after that. I will have a look through some of my books to see if its mentioned.

Cheers
Kev
stevo
13 years ago
Hi Rich,

The carb looks great!

How much does refurbishment cost?

Hope you don't mind me asking , it's just mine has been sprayed matt black!!!:shock:

Steve.
Steve.
1953 rhd zwitter.
Rich Oakley
13 years ago

Hi Rich,

The carb looks great!

How much does refurbishment cost?

Hope you don't mind me asking , it's just mine has been sprayed matt black!!!:shock:

Steve.

stevo wrote:

Hi Steve,

It was £80 plus shipping. Bargain!

Rich.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.