Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
54 Gertie
13 years ago
Some more photos...

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

It's really the interior that 'does' it for me.

UserPostedImage

8)
William
Standard split
13 years ago
Lovely, I expect the number plate people have had the registration away though :shock:

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
13 years ago
Nice find. :d
www.vwoval.co.uk
59 Ragtop
13 years ago
That's superb. Lets hope its kept stock
Si Med
13 years ago

Lovely, I expect the number plate people have had the registration away though :shock:

Standard split wrote:

I hope not i managed to re claim my registration last year after a 35 year break 😃
54 UK rhd
Rich Oakley
13 years ago
WOW! I really hope that doesn't get messed around with. I can almost envision it with the floorpan scraping the ground :d
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Standard split
13 years ago

I hope not i managed to re claim my registration last year after a 35 year break :D

Si Med wrote:

Not knowing what your registration is, people must realise that the registration on this car – a number 1 without a year letter – is worth rather a lot of money, more than many Beetles thats a cert :wink:

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
Si Med
13 years ago
Your right im sure people may have realised it, but there is hope 😃 my reg just for reference vly 91
54 UK rhd
Standard split
13 years ago

Your right im sure people may have realised it, but there is hope 😃 my reg just for reference vly 91

Si Med wrote:

Velly nice reg as well :d

Great on a Chinese meal delivery vehicle 😛

55Kab
13 years ago

I hope not i managed to re claim my registration last year after a 35 year break :D

Si Med wrote:

Only just seen this...and as Rich says WOW...fantastic find. Pre Aug-55 RHD Texas Brown, not many of them about.

The cabrio wasn't registered either when Mike bought it but he got the OG registration back so I'm sure the owenr will be able to reclaim it.

Ovaltine
13 years ago

Only just seen this...and as Rich says WOW...fantastic find. Pre Aug-55 RHD Texas Brown, not many of them about.

The cabrio wasn't registered either when Mike bought it but he got the OG registration back so I'm sure the owenr will be able to reclaim it.

55Kab wrote:

iwouldn't be so sure on that. A friend of mine bought a discovered 58 complete with the old reg documents.
It turned out that the original number was on a 3 year old VW Golf, transferred years before to a modern car, and then later on to the Golf. So he had to accept a non transferable age related number from the DVLA.

The number on this car would be particularly valueble :shock:

The way to end a good day out with your Split is with an Ovaltine!
55Kab
13 years ago

iwouldn't be so sure on that. A friend of mine bought a discovered 58 complete with the old reg documents.
It turned out that the original number was on a 3 year old VW Golf, transferred years before to a modern car, and then later on to the Golf

Ovaltine wrote:

I think it's a bit of hit and miss as to whether the plate's been reassigned or not. The car's details are not listed on the DVLA's vehicle enquiry page so perhaps that's not a good sign.

Ovalbug
13 years ago

I think it's a bit of hit and miss as to whether the plate's been reassigned or not. The car's details are not listed on the DVLA's vehicle enquiry page so perhaps that's not a good sign.

55Kab wrote:

The DVLA database isn't always that accurate.......
My ovals reg number came up as 'not found' when I checked online and on that basis applied to the Historic VW Club for their help in scrutinising my application to get back the number.
Imagine my surprise when the DVLA turned around and said that the plate was on their system after all, and if I simply paid for a replacement V5C that would be the end of the matter.....they didnt want the 1977 V5 from me either (which I'd have been reluctant to do).
Couldn't get the £20 cheque in the post quick enough :lol: .
'63 Karmann Ghia RHD
'72 1302LS Karmann Cabrio RHD
Si Med
13 years ago

The DVLA database isn't always that accurate.......
My ovals reg number came up as 'not found' when I checked online and on that basis applied to the Historic VW Club for their help in scrutinising my application to get back the number.
Imagine my surprise when the DVLA turned around and said that the plate was on their system after all, and if I simply paid for a replacement V5C that would be the end of the matter.....they didnt want the 1977 V5 from me either (which I'd have been reluctant to do).
Couldn't get the £20 cheque in the post quick enough :lol: .

Ovalbug wrote:

Same story as me, went the historic club route only to be told by the dvla they had records of it after all.
Even though i was advised all records before 82 would have been lost?
54 UK rhd
Ovaltine
13 years ago

55Kab wrote:

Also means that no one else is using it so you may be able to get it back if you have proof it goes with your car.

54 Gertie
13 years ago
The plate is not currently on a car in the UK, there should be no problem in getting it back. :wink: 😎
William
Ovaltine
13 years ago
Could be on retention though:?:

54 Gertie
13 years ago

only new info i have guys is the plate is unfortunately unavailable. whether this could be fought for remains to be seen.the solicitors are taking their time and documentation and keys havent reached her yet. she has read all your comments and is very pleased you all share in her delight. keep them coming and hopefully it will encourage a bit of work on the old girl. she has been waiting patiently for 25 years, tucked away from harms way. a few weeks longer wont hurt im sure :)

Originally Posted by: fuctundbrok 

From the VZi thread.
William
Standard split
13 years ago

From the VZi thread.

wrote:

only new info i have guys is the plate is unfortunately unavailable…

wrote:

I'm not surprised, the number is probably worth about £10k :wink: