Ovalbug
13 years ago
I hope the new owner perseveres with the DVLA in an attempt to get the plate back.
That plate deserves to be on that oval as it is an integral part of the cars history,if given back on a non-transferable basis by the DVLA then no-one could possibly profit from a subsequent plate sale/swap.....

:wink:
'63 Karmann Ghia RHD
'72 1302LS Karmann Cabrio RHD
RockStock
13 years ago
the owner should really kick up a fuss
dont let it go
take it to the local papers, your local politician, etc etc
that number should be on that car

& in my opinion transferable

i had 73 BLK on my old lhd 54 standard, imported to the UK early 60s, only had old style logbook
i was able to get the number back for the car, but the DVLA made it non transferable:roll:

great car btw. top colour. i want it
StockRocks
Standard split
13 years ago

dont let it go

RockStock wrote:

Not always easy – see my encounter with the DVLA mentioned on Rattletrap's thread, page 29, 18th post down :evil:

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
Ovaltine
13 years ago

dont let it go

i had 73 BLK on my old lhd 54 standard, imported to the UK early 60s, only had old style logbook
i was able to get the number back for the car, but the DVLA made it non transferable:roll:

great car btw. top colour. i want it

RockStock wrote:

A number one plate just floating about - no chance :!:

The way to end a good day out with your Split is with an Ovaltine!
splitty-oscar
13 years ago
I found my Oval almost quite similar like this one... also complete with all originel parts and matching numbers!