54 Gertie
13 years ago
I have just spotted a picture on old bug of what looks like a 28 PICT (60s) carb with what I think is a 28 PCI top. ie, with manual choke.

Is this a straight swap?

I am planning on doing naughty things in the way of a 'vintage speed' twin carb setup for my little 1200, and I want to do away with the bulky auto choke, but not have to find a pair of decent condition PCI's. :wink:

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Thanks. 😎
William
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
54 Gertie
13 years ago
Looking closer, it's not even a PCI top. What the hell is going on with it? :lol:
William
54 Gertie
13 years ago
I've just found a photo of something similar. What were these fitted to from new?

It's a Solex H30 PIC, though probably Brosol etc. Wikipedia says 'As fitted to 1970 Volkswagens..".

UserPostedImage
William
Sunroof53
13 years ago
I had something similar that was fitted to a type 4 industrial engine.The carb looked like a 28 pci but was a 30 with a slightly wider stud spacing.
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago
I´ve spent a bit of time digging through piles of 28PCIs at autojumbles here. When you look closely, hardly any two are the same. My car had a manual choke 28PCI on it (as standard?) when I got it.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
54 Gertie
13 years ago
Yeah, tons of differences in PCI's. Plenty or boring discussions on The Samba about them.

I just couldn't figure out, what VW would have been running a manual choke when this was made. Maybe something odd like a Frid?
William