The Dave
13 years ago
Hi,

I've just found out that a friend has book a classic Beetle as a surprise wedding car. It sounds great but I'm worried about whether I'll fit!

I'm 6ft 2 and I have a bad back so I'm no good in cars where I have to slouch to fit in the back. What's the head room like in a classic Beetle?

I'm getting married in less than two weeks, so speedy replies would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

Dave
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
pre67vw
13 years ago

Hi,

I've just found out that a friend has book a classic Beetle as a surprise wedding car. It sounds great but I'm worried about whether I'll fit!

I'm 6ft 2 and I have a bad back so I'm no good in cars where I have to slouch to fit in the back. What's the head room like in a classic Beetle?

I'm getting married in less than two weeks, so speedy replies would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

Dave

The Dave wrote:

Doesn't sound like much of a surprise to me...

If it's a regular classic Beetle, you're going to struggle in the back. There is a company that hires classic Beetle limos though, I would think you're probably OK if its one of those..

https://www.beetledriveuk.com/ 
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Mike Peckham
13 years ago
A work colleague is using both of my beetles (a '57 and a '72) as wedding cars on 21st August. He and his Bride have had a "dry run" so to speak, and all was good. He's 6ft like me so head room shouldn't be too much of an issue.

We're taking the front passenger seat out of each to make access to the back easier and hopefully a little more graceful... :wink:

Mike

Ps: congratulations! :beer:

July 1957 UK supplied RHD Oval. 1972 World Champion Beetle. 1978 UK supplied RHD 1303LS Cabriolet. 1973 UK supplied RHD 1303s.
69project
13 years ago
hard pushed in a beetle,a splitty isnt that much more

ive used vwbrides and vwlovebus and recommend either but they are down south
Car less.....
Standard split
13 years ago
Some people hire out convertible Beetles, so you can get the roof down…… but it could be pouring down of course:?

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378