Ovalbug
  • Ovalbug
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
13 years ago
Right, this is going to sound like an unbelievably dumb question :lol: , but do 25 bhp exhausts have an integral single tailpipe or do you need to clamp one on?
I'm sure I've seen adverts for the correct clamp and even for 25 bhp painted tailpipe ends (or have I mis-understood and are these just decorative tailpipe trims?), yet have seen adverts for 25 bhp exhausts that seem to have a long tailpipe already :?: .
Consequently I'm very confused as to what the exhaust should really comprise of on a 25 bhp engine.....

Thanks.

:wink:
'63 Karmann Ghia RHD
'72 1302LS Karmann Cabrio RHD
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Sunroof53
13 years ago
I have seen photos taken at the factory showing the tailpipe and exhaust as one piece ,but either replacement exhausts or some design change later had a separate tailpipe as i have one with a vw tag on it .
I noticed in this months ??? magazine they are being reproduced and look to have a welded tailpipe so technically they are correct.

Ovalbug
  • Ovalbug
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
13 years ago

I have seen photos taken at the factory showing the tailpipe and exhaust as one piece ,but either replacement exhausts or some design change later had a separate tailpipe as i have one with a vw tag on it .
I noticed in this months ??? magazine they are being reproduced and look to have a welded tailpipe so technically they are correct.

Sunroof53 wrote:

Thanks Mike, think the ad might be in Volksworld?
Would make sense then if there was a design change, at least either type would be ok on my '53.....

Cheers

:wink:
'63 Karmann Ghia RHD
'72 1302LS Karmann Cabrio RHD