55Kab
  • 55Kab
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
13 years ago
...this afternoon, I came across this 67:

UserPostedImage

I've always said it was possible to find a Bug in every country in the world but having been here a year and a half and seen not one AC VW I'd thought this was the one place where they didn't make it in to.

And...it's for sale... :roll: :wink: :lol:

Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
GKL 7
13 years ago
Where exactly are you Martin,i've only ever seen you say camel land.
That number plate is way cool.
Si Med
13 years ago
Judging by the colour of the soil, i would guess one of the emirates, posibly Qatar?

54 UK rhd
55Kab
  • 55Kab
13 years ago
Qatar. 43 degrees today, a cool one for August.

When I got back into the car and said to Mrs F you're never going to guess what...it's for sale...I'm sure I heard...don't even think about it :!: :lol:

Rich Oakley
13 years ago

Judging by the colour of the soil, i would guess one of the emirates, posibly Qatar?

Si Med wrote:

How on Earth can you tell that from the colour of the soil???!
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
GKL 7
13 years ago

Rich Oakley wrote:

I'm more impressed with the fact, Martin persuaded Gary Bushell to pose with the car in the first place.:lol:
55Kab
  • 55Kab
13 years ago

I'm more impressed with the fact, Martin persuaded Gary Bushell to pose with the car in the first place.:lol:

'50 Karmann wrote:

:lol:

Ivan
13 years ago
That soil looks more like colour you get in Dubai. And the '67 looks like a US spec car - back-up lights (reversing lights), all red rear lenses, VOLKSWAGEN badge (rather than VW1300 or VW 1500) Towel rails and so on.
You should buy it - it looks pretty original.
GKL 7
13 years ago
So now every-one is a Geologist:lol:
55Kab
  • 55Kab
13 years ago

That soil looks more like colour you get in Dubai. And the '67 looks like a US spec car - back-up lights (reversing lights), all red rear lenses, VOLKSWAGEN badge (rather than VW1300 or VW 1500) Towel rails and so on.
You should buy it - it looks pretty original.

Ivan wrote:

Correct on both counts Sir. The ground (sand) here looks the same across the whole of the Western Gulf. Dubai is a 5 hr drive away.

The car is US spec and fairly original but it's not in great nick and had been off the road for at least the last 2 years. To get it back on the road it would need to pass a road permit test and if you thought putting a car through a UK MOT was a hassle you ain't seen nothing :!: :lol:

In addition to that you can't buy AC VW spares here and there are no "little men" who can do work on a Bug anyway. Nearly all the expat accomodation have no garages and I haven't seen my Snap-on tool chest for many a year as it's locked away somewhere in the South East - or at least I hope it is!

On top of all this the owner wants QAR15,000 for it which equates to roughly £3k.

That I think is too much given it does have rust, probably wants the engine fully serviced, all the brakes and carb overhauled without knowing what electical issues it may have. And then there's no air-con which is a must out here. I thought of getting one of those nice Gilmore Enterprise kits but they're $1.5k just to buy, beofre shipping, import duty and fitting!

Si Med
13 years ago

Rich Oakley wrote:

Basic geology Rich...

...nothing to do with the file name "67BuginQatar" :lol:
54 UK rhd
Sunroof53
13 years ago
Absoloutly incredidible find :shock: I had always wondered what happened to the HoneyMonster after those Sugarpuff adds..:wink:
mrsherbie
13 years ago

Absoloutly incredidible find :shock: I had always wondered what happened to the HoneyMonster after those Sugarpuff adds..:wink:

Sunroof53 wrote:

curses! I have been trying for days to come up with a suitable caption :lol:

The closest I came up with was ' I didnt know Terry Waite had a beetle' but I thought it a bit insulting to Martin, but I am thinking honey monster is maybe just slightly worse ? :lol:

"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
55Kab
  • 55Kab
13 years ago

curses! I have been trying for days to come up with a suitable caption :lol:

The closest I came up with was ' I didnt know Terry Waite had a beetle' but I thought it a bit insulting to Martin, but I am thinking honey monster is maybe just slightly worse ? :lol:

mrsherbie wrote:

You know, a bloke can really go off you lot! :lol:

Robb
13 years ago
thats awesome martin! 😎

everyone needs a 67 in their life ;)

8)