ovalsonly
13 years ago
Morning folks
I've recently acquired a 1959 South African Bug, It appears to be a CKD in that its birth cert states its on a '56 pan! I could do with some help identifying the colour, the guy that bought it in to the country said it was Ceramic Green, I'm not familiar with this colour at all..does it look right? I used a bit of cutting compound on the engine lid to try and get it back to as close as it was originally. it had black wing beading & running boards, again would this be correct?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Matt
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
monstermoo
13 years ago
That's correct - here's our UK RHD '59/60 in Ceramic Green.

It was a one year only colour. (Note: Suspension is currently undergoing some 'correction' :d )

Steve

UserPostedImage
59 Ragtop
13 years ago
Nice car. Do like ceramic green, great colour
Rich Oakley
13 years ago
I think South Africa used their own colours, so although that looks like Ceramic Green, it may not be.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
six-o-one
13 years ago

I think South Africa used their own colours, so although that looks like Ceramic Green, it may not be.

Rich Oakley wrote:

Nigel Wallace's '60 is from SA and is Ceramic Green...

UserPostedImage
monstermoo
13 years ago
Should our hubcaps have the centre VW emblem painted?

If so, what colour?

ovalsonly
13 years ago
thanks for the feedback guys, really appreciate it
James I
12 years ago

That's correct - here's our UK RHD '59/60 in Ceramic Green.

It was a one year only colour.

NOTE: this is as we bought him, and the suspension is currently undergoing some 'correction'!:lol:

Steve

UserPostedImage

monstermoo wrote:

Could you remove this please ? as it's got my house in the backround and it was my picture of my car at the time.

Thanks

James
monstermoo
12 years ago
Hi James - pic has now been changed for a newer one - this time outside my house.

Hope that helps.

Steve