Replicant
13 years ago
Hello,

I would love to know the whereabouts of my old beetle, a black 1960 with a registration of 86 AYP. I owned this car about 20 years ago and according to the DVLA website it is still about somewhere.

Any help in finding it would be gratefully received.

All the best

Jim Dix
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
55Kab
13 years ago

a black 1960 with a registration of 86 AYP

Replicant wrote:

That's interesting Jim, a few years ago I had a 1960 Cabrio with the reg 21 AYP so perhaps they came from the same garage around the same time.

Unfortunately I do not know the car. Did you keep a record of who you sold it to as this may give you a lead.

Love to see some photos of it if you can post them up.

Martin
pre67vw
13 years ago
Jim just posted on Facebook that he found the car and it was at the whitenoise VW show...

8) :beer:
 40289_461120732118_532127118_6313205_2489359_n.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Replicant
13 years ago
Hello,

Thanks for updating the forum Rob.

It was really emotional seeing it after 23 years. The current owner has owned it for 22 years and has lavished a lot of money on it and I was delighted not only to see it in great condition, but also that it is still standard. Although I love custom VW's and own a targa bug myself, that car was too nice to chop up or slam. He still has the original brochures, original sale ticket and spare wheel toolkit that I passed on with the car. Andy the owner is a really nice guy and only lives about 30 miles from me, so hopefully we can stay in touch and stay good friends and if by some rare chance he wants to sell then I'll get first dibs!!

Hello Martin,

I do not know if it helps but 86 AYP was originally sold from a VW dealer in Peckham in London, so it's possible that is where your cabrio came from also.

Bye for now,

Jim Dix
B289 member