Ovalbug
  • Ovalbug
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
13 years ago
Does anyone know a source of complete J tubes for the heater boxes of the 25-30 bhp engine?
I don't mean the repair pipes available from Status et al , but the complete thing, with cylinder head exhaust flange etc.
Found a producer on The Samba but they are not replying to emails so thought I'd try a supplier this side of the pond......

Cheers

:wink:
'63 Karmann Ghia RHD
'72 1302LS Karmann Cabrio RHD
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Next_Racer
13 years ago

Does anyone know a source of complete J tubes for the heater boxes of the 25-30 bhp engine?
I don't mean the repair pipes available from Status et al , but the complete thing, with cylinder head exhaust flange etc.
Found a producer on The Samba but they are not replying to emails so thought I'd try a supplier this side of the pond......

Cheers

:wink:

Ovalbug wrote:

They sell them at mdccox. It's 39€ for 1. I don't know if they ship things. But if you want i can get them an ship them to you. Here is a picture. Just send me a pm.
UserPostedImage
Ovalbug
  • Ovalbug
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
13 years ago

They sell them at mdccox. It's 39€ for 1. I don't know if they ship things. But if you want i can get them an ship them to you. Here is a picture. Just send me a pm.
UserPostedImage

Next_Racer wrote:

Thanks for the kind offer :beer: , but the supplier has now replied so it looks like a pair will be winging their way across the Atlantic sometime soon......:wink:
'63 Karmann Ghia RHD
'72 1302LS Karmann Cabrio RHD
Jules
13 years ago
We have them in stock at Karmann Konnection, they come with the flange but you have to weld it on yourself, I think thats the way they have to be done. Give me a call, I should add that you will get Pre '67 discount too!!!

The ones we sell are from Wolfsburg West, you can see the info here..

https://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=111255101XX 

The ones in the pictures on this thread look the wrong shape.
Next_Racer
13 years ago

We have them in stock at Karmann Konnection, they come with the flange but you have to weld it on yourself, I think thats the way they have to be done. Give me a call, I should add that you will get Pre '67 discount too!!!

The ones we sell are from Wolfsburg West, you can see the info here..

https://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=111255101XX 

The ones in the pictures on this thread look the wrong shape.

Jules wrote:

They fit perfect on 25/30hp engines. The ones you're selling look like the originals.