oval56
  • oval56
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
13 years ago
yes we did it, a 57 oval (my ex patinamobile with a small vintage speed engine) and my heb going from munich - garmisch - fernpass - samnaun - reschenpass -passo del stelvio- bormeo (Italy) - Iseo lake - Brescia - genua (geneve)-Menton (fr)

the main goal was the meeting in menton, but the second topic was to go most on alpes and small streets.

somewhere 6 o'clock in the mornin...
UserPostedImage

the rides (on the way to 2760m passo stelvio)
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

it was cold with top down :-)
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

than soemthing happened whre someone would kill me , but now the old bondo is of :-) and i will do it in winter perfect :-)... i hit the ground with my frontapron while driving into a gasstation in italy... you see the round fu*§$.. thing there...
i went into the station and asked after a martello (hammer) to fix it :-) (my luck that it was hit on the same place in stock ridehight also from one of the former owners and i fixed it as i got the heb :-) )

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

so after about 700km on alpstreets we went on the highway in direction Menton..

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

tha last 50km to our hotel on also special streets wich where to find only on old maps :-)

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

next to our hotel:

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

on day thre we did monaco :shock: :lol:

going to monaco... 

UserPostedImage

day 4 meeting day in Menton.... on direction Menton:

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

you se some fun with two old cars... so after 2300km (now my hebengine has 7800km done since this year) there have been no problems beside my battery low level some times i used headlight & radio :shock: and a short dizzy problem on my engine (point) 200ml oil needed over all , no adjusts on valves neccasary, so the engine runns like hell :lol:

i had never done this with a restored car, but it was the nicest holiday cruise i have done the last 10 years....
www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Si Med
13 years ago
Awesome, looks like an amazing ride!
So funny to see the gps in the window of the heb!

54 UK rhd
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago
That looks like an awesome trip. This is exactly what I´m going to do when I get my new motor installed. Where was the Hotel - it looks like an amazing old town?
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
oval56
  • oval56
13 years ago

That looks like an awesome trip. This is exactly what I´m going to do when I get my new motor installed. Where was the Hotel - it looks like an amazing old town?

JD wrote:

the hotel is modern, but next to that village... hotel "lago bin" rochetta nervia italy. it is 28km to menton 70€ a night, and pool and parkingplace and tv and breakfast :wink:
www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago

the hotel is modern, but next to that village... hotel "lago bin" rochetta nervia italy. it is 28km to menton 70€ a night, and pool and parkingplace and tv and breakfast :wink:

oval56 wrote:

Thanks Andi. :beer:
UserPostedImage
zelensis61
13 years ago
Thanks for sharing the picts and story....My respect for driving the alps...it must be a lot of fun with the super engine.
One day I will also drive there with my convertible. That is my goal. But the meeting in Menton was not that good I read....at least not for VW, all other " accomodation :wink: " was ok.
Greets.
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
oval56
  • oval56
13 years ago

Thanks for sharing the picts and story....My respect for driving the alps...it must be a lot of fun with the super engine.
One day I will also drive there with my convertible. That is my goal. But the meeting in Menton was not that good I read....at least not for VW, all other " accomodation :wink: " was ok.
Greets.

zelensis61 wrote:

yes thats right, the meeting was not as i expected it but it was it worth to go down there... next time i will plan the sunday into my traveltime, sunday the best day of th emeeting, but the location is wonderfull...
www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany
vintagevw
13 years ago
Nice pics Andy!
And next to a 599GTB Ferrari!
Worked on the same car this week!
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
pre67vw
13 years ago
Looks like an awesome trip, thanks for sharing the pics!! Great to see these cars being used, Bjeorn is also putting some miles on his Heb - I think he is somewhere in Russia at the moment
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
oval56
  • oval56
13 years ago

Looks like an awesome trip, thanks for sharing the pics!! Great to see these cars being used, Bjeorn is also putting some miles on his Heb - I think he is somewhere in Russia at the moment

pre67vw wrote:

thanks.. yes i know of his trip follow it trough facebook :wink: :beer:
www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany
brille52
12 years ago
Since I`ve red this post, I dreamed ,to follow your steps with my Heb,Andi, up to the Passo dello Stelvio !! Once in your lifetime you must have been there with your old car, VW or not ! :wink: :wink::d

Well, tomorrow is the D-day !! :thumbup:
Yesterday it snowed on the pass = in JULY !!!! - that makes it much more an adventure!
Start : 5 o`clock in the morning..........

:thumbup:

a

170810 086.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  170810 094.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
pre67vw
12 years ago

Since I`ve red this post, I dreamed ,to follow your steps with my Heb,Andi, up to the Passo dello Stelvio !! Once in your lifetime you must have been there with your old car, VW or not ! :wink: :wink::d

Yesterday it snowed on the pass = in JULY !!!! - that makes it much more an adventure!

a

brille52 wrote:

:thumbup: fantastic!! Take lots of photos, :thumbup:

Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago

a

brille52 wrote:

Hell yeah! This is on my list too.
UserPostedImage
ste VW agen
12 years ago

pre67vw wrote:

I can just see it now ........... www.hebtours.com :thumbup:

Any room for a Heb - Guy from Hong Kong to ride shotgun on your next adventure? :beer: Sad I missed out on B.C. this year, but promise to meet you all at H.O. sooner than we'll be ready for it!

I'll gladly reciprocate with some good VW - time in Asia to any and all comers!

ste VW e

I Ha VW e a Dream!! (Well ...... err, Many!)
1) '49 Hebmueller (project)
2) '51 Split Sunroof (project)
3) '56 Oval Ste VW agen (project)
4 & 5) '67 Kabriolett x 2 (projects)
6) '18 K Gold Split Pendant around my neck since 1976 (complete & original)
brille52
12 years ago
WoW !
As you said, Rob : Fantastic !!!
What a day ! :thumbup:
JD = I wait for you so I can do that ride again 😎

a  Passo dello Stelvio 027.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Passo dello Stelvio 030.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Passo dello Stelvio 033.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Passo dello Stelvio 066.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Passo dello Stelvio 055.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Passo dello Stelvio 017.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
pre67vw
12 years ago
Fantastic photos!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
brille52
12 years ago
" Grazie mille ! ", Rob.

It was a hard work for the Okrasa engine - I think, with a " normal 25 PS motor " it would be much easier to climb up the mountains !!
The next long trip with the Heb will be on the roads to Lavenham ! Can`t wait ! :thumbup:

a

Ps.Thank you, Peter !8)  Passo dello Stelvio 074.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Piet
  • Piet
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
Isn't that just wonderfull!
Magnificent pictures!
Thanks for sharing.
Proost! Peter.
1954 Oval L275 (in progressive refinement)
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
This looks wonderfull. Just think an old camera with some black and white film WOW.
Andy
vintagebug
12 years ago

Bella bella!!

That's got me thinking... it's a pity we can't organise a pre67VW "club" trip like that. You know, take a week or two holiday from work & do a road trip over the Alps. Can you imagine what it would look like- Hebmullers, Splits, Ovals... what a sight that'd be on those mountain roads. Pity we're spread out all over Europe (and beyond) :-(

Then again- why not? Rob, you're the main man here, get organising for next year!! A "club" trip over the Alps with an informal show at the end of it. Awesome! :rofl:

Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"