Ovaltine
13 years ago

I'll try to put this as politely as possible. I think you need to look back at all of your posts, not just on this thread but others as well and see what your contribution to the forum has been. Take a look at how much practical advice you've given and how many people have appreciated your comments, then take a look at how many comments have been negative or intending to stir up an argument, or are just plain rude, then hopefully you might understand why you were banned and why you're headed that way again. ....
I suggest that you post up a few photos of your car, so we can see what a perfect car should be. And in future, remember this little tip - if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all

pre67vw wrote:

In reply to your post: I've had nothing but praise for threads like 55 Kab's resto, Last Triumph's Oval re-comission and Robb's 67 1500 restoration. It was I who defended the late Tony Levy amid the untrue, unfair bad comments made against him by 'enthusiasts' here. I doubt that his car will be displayed at Lavenham (unless guarded 24) because of a threat posted by a member here, I quote that post: 'will take his action when Rattletrap's at Lavenham'. This site was then closed-down and the threat deleted.

I've made posts offering advice and asking questions – you've just not read them. As far as Ivan's car thread is concerned, I was not criticising Ivan, indeed I remarked on his professionalism with his replies.

There's no attempt by me to 'stir it up', a few people here seem unable to take criticism. I love my old Bug, but its a 1970 and a scruffy one at that, its certainly far from perfect.

It would be very easy just to post rude personal comments or post bad language, but I've just expressed personal views, it is a forum isn't it?

Well said Rob :lol:

I've been following this thread for a while now and been amazed at the total B****hit that has been posted by one induvidaul about Ivan's car :roll:

First of all I have nothing to gain by so called "brown nosing" Ivan, I have known him for over 15 years and I can tell you he wasn't born with a silver spoon in his mouth and has worked very hard for what he has. It is also true that he has wanted to buy this car for many years. Is that a crime wanting a Split Kab then?
Whether he paid cash for his Kab or got a bank loan, is that really anyones business except his.

That really is a nice car he has, I knew the car from way back when, when Shaun first did the resto job, back then it was much more difficult to find the parts as there wasn't all the companies producing top repro parts......

I guess from all your derogatory remarks that you too would like a split, but due to the current market prices of these cars has put them out of most peoples price range within the hobby, you included.....or maybe you have a "special one" all us Split boys don't know of :roll:

Like in your signature "The way to end a good day out with your Split is with an Ovaltine!" well I would personally like to see a picture of your "special" split you drive before your Ovaltine. Hell I'll even get Herr Dokotor to send you an invite to the Cannonball Challenge so you can put your money were your keyboard is :shock:

But then again I guess your just happy to stay behind your keyboard mouthing off.......

lou cypher wrote:

My comments were about this thread NOT IVAN'S CAR! If you read my posts properly then you'll see that I've not made comments against Ivan or his (was his?) smashing car. I DID think he'd either flip it or lower it. It's his car and his property to do whatever with, although I hate the idea of vintage Beetles for gain, it keeps many of us out because of spiralling prices. Ivan did not begin this ridiculous thread, this is all here through no fault of his. If you'd read through properly you'd see that I sympathised with him and shared his embarrassment. You will also note that I am certainly not alone in my criticism of this thread.

Current market prices for Splits are beyond the reach of many of us. Most are abroad anyway, and the few here are recent imports from Sweden. A split with a long stretch of UK history is one I would like, but they're like hen's teeth. Rattletrap turned up for sale at an amazing price for such a famous UK car. I love this car a lot, I have such fond memories of Rattletrap at shows in the 1970s-80s with Tony Levy, but it sold within hours to Standardsplit who just opened his wallet, and who already owns a Split. Its very frustrating.

'us Split boys', you say, well that sums up the whole thing for me, – I'm not one of the gang, in the group. What about girls, Mrs Herbie has at least two split windows.

The way to end a good day out with your Split is with an Ovaltine!
pre67vw
13 years ago

There's no attempt by me to 'stir it up', a few people here seem unable to take criticism.

Ovaltine wrote:

OK whatever. You should be aware that I've had several requests to just permanently ban you for stirring up trouble, so if you're here to make some VW friends then something is going wrong somewhere. If you're not... leave. I also don't know why you keep bringing up past arguments, they're gone, deleted and we've moved on - I suggest you do the same. Personally if I was to write a list of the top 100 VWs I'd like to see, Rattletrap wouldn't be on it, but if that car means something to you then get in touch with the owner and go have a look at it.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW