69project
13 years ago
and you were worried abt split prices....

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1040831 

its on ebay with a buy it now of 14995!
Car less.....
55Kab
13 years ago
:lol:

And good luck to you Sir... :lol:

48REME
13 years ago

Why is wanting your rare car's worth 'greedy':?:

Ovaltine wrote:

Because as in any market, a car's only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it and also what a last similar example went for.
If an excessive price figure doesn't match either of the above then you'll get a problem selling a car. Simples :wink:

Ovaltine
13 years ago

Because as in any market, a car's only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it and also what a last similar example went for.
If an excessive price figure doesn't match either of the above then you'll get a problem selling a car. Simples :wink:

48REME wrote:

I think 'greedy' is a little rude to those on the classifieds here holding out to achieve the price they want for their vintage VW. If you don't like the price, then you don't have to buy:wink:

Has it not occured to you that some may be forced to sell their pride and joy because they've lost their job or are in arrears with their mortgage. They can't live in a Beetle, and they need to get a good price:wink:

The way to end a good day out with your Split is with an Ovaltine!
pre67vw
13 years ago
You can live in a car, but you can't drive a house.

I don't think holding out for a realistic (even if that is high) is greedy, doubling a car's market value could easily be considered greedy though?
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
48REME
13 years ago

I think 'greedy' is a little rude to those on the classifieds here holding out to achieve the price they want for their vintage VW. If you don't like the price, then you don't have to buy:wink:

Has it not occured to you that some may be forced to sell their pride and joy because they've lost their job or are in arrears with their mortgage. They can't live in a Beetle, and they need to get a good price:wink:

Ovaltine wrote:

Fine. If some want to hold on to the price they personally wish to achieve then they may have to expect to wait a long time to achieve it.
Or if they can't accept the market trends, then they shouldn't raise their hopes to sell. And if they are in financial despair, I don't think they have the choice of standing firm in their beliefs regarding the price they think their car should go for. I know, life is not fair and all that but what is really not fair is exaggerating the value one is trying to achieve for a car. It's not the potential buyer's fault if the seller has money problems and he shouldn't have to fork out more because of it. Would you be prepared to do so out of 'compassion'?
I'm sure you count your little pennies in your purse as we all do...:wink:
GKL 7
  • GKL 7
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
13 years ago
I'm really hard up and struggling to pay off debts Ovaltine.
Do a bloke a favour and help bail me out.
I have this little item for sale and i only want £5.
 pound_coin.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Ovaltine
13 years ago

...It's not the potential buyer's fault if the seller has money problems and he shouldn't have to fork out more because of it. Would you be prepared to do so out of 'compassion'?
I'm sure you count your little pennies in your purse as we all do...:wink:

48REME wrote:

I have to count my little pennies, the difference between my 1970 and a 1973 is free road tax for my car, and the difference between free road tax and paying road tax is no vintage car for me, or not paying my rent:wink:

I hope you wouldn't take advantage of someone selling their beloved Beetle to avoid losing their home by hammering their price would you :?:

I'm really hard up and struggling to pay off debts Ovaltine.
Do a bloke a favour and help bail me out.
I have this little item for sale and i only want £5.

'50 Karmann wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that times are hard for you now 50 Karmann, maybe you could make a few bob guarding vintage Beetles at VW shows. I hear a minder is wanted for Rattletrap at Lavenham…:roll:

The way to end a good day out with your Split is with an Ovaltine!
GKL 7
  • GKL 7
13 years ago

I hear a minder is wanted for Rattletrap at Lavenham…:roll:

Ovaltine wrote:

The car needs NO protection,it's owner on the other hand:lol:and that's only because, like yourself, he is an annoying idiot.
Si Med
13 years ago

like yourself, he is an annoying idiot.

'50 Karmann wrote:

A huge thumbs up to this!

54 UK rhd
64rotbox
13 years ago
UserPostedImage
You can call me Al.
Robb
13 years ago
GKL 7
  • GKL 7
13 years ago
Can't understand why this car hasn't sold.
Been up for months,AND had a price reduction.
Cars have sold for more than this ,that are not as nice.
Is the world and his wife holding out for a sunroof:wink:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=933513   3276191.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rattletrap
13 years ago
This thread's more like a battle ground :?

As for the car, its lovely, but the location is a consideration I guess, with shipping costs.

How is it splits and ovals are higher priced in the USA than here, but Type lls are priced higher here than there :?:

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
69project
13 years ago
wow these 70s cars are getting expensive maybe ovaltine knows more than we do...:wink:

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C201640/ 

agreed valuation of 11,250 :shock:
engine 2,200
paint 3,400

and it still needs welding for next mot!

ok,it looks pleasant enough but 8250...bargain 😎
Car less.....