Ovaltine
13 years ago

:lol:

Christ, nobody can do anything right when your about, can they?....

54 Gertie wrote:

There you go yet again. Nothing nice to say, nothing helpful. Not one damn time that I can remember! Why don´t you post a picture of your car? Or answer a question when someone asks one? Or do a how to? Don´t just sit there slating everyone you can, trying to bait people just to get a response, simply because you crave the attention - thats something that most people manage to leave behind after the age of about twelve.....

JD wrote:

Hey come on what was so wrong with my post (shown again below):?:

I ask a question and make a comment on a car. I suggest you see the administrators comments under pre53 Ivan's thread car about making stirring remarks :wink:

Why was the woman paying so much attention to the 1303 - did I miss a point:?

Nice to see that the VW38 has now been completely lost into a repro :evil:

Ovaltine wrote:

The way to end a good day out with your Split is with an Ovaltine!
pre67vw
13 years ago

Hey come on what was so wrong with my post (shown again below):?:

I ask a question and make a comment on a car. I suggest you see the administrators comments under pre53 Ivan's thread car about making stirring remarks :wink:

Ovaltine wrote:

Why was the woman paying so much attention to the 1303 - did I miss a point

Nice to see that the VW38 has now been completely lost into a repro

Ovaltine wrote:

I don't speak German, so I can't tell you about the 1303 - I assume you don't either so if not then yes you probably did miss the point. I can tell you that the Grundmann museum is amazing and full of some extremely rare/important stuff, so it must be there for a reason.

You obviously have your views on the VW38 being restored, I can see both sides of the argument - but the craftsmanship that has gone into that resto is amazing.

Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago
The 03 belonged to a German actor that you won´t have heard of - Götz George.

And if you genuinely can´t see how belittling it is to dismiss the Grundmanns work on that car as you did, then I can´t help you.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
Ovaltine
13 years ago

...And if you genuinely can´t see how belittling it is to dismiss the Grundmanns work on that car as you did, then I can´t help you.

JD wrote:

I've no doubt about the Grundman's skills.

But the very important historically VW38 would have been far better preserved as found in an environmentally controlled glass case. In fact, the car should have been purchased by the government for a national museum – its far too important to Germany's motoring history to have been 'restored' into a private collection. The Grundmann's could still build their replica VW38 as most everything they've used including the chassis has nothing to do with the particular car found. They've done a fantastic job, but they've lost the original car now.:wink:

fantakid
13 years ago
Hi Ovaltine,
because of the thoughts like yours - most rare cars wich are shown on hight class shows or museum ( i mean Mercedes, Audi race car,Horch,... ) are not shown befor or during the restauration.
I know of very know cars were was just the chassis or the engine and now there are komplett cars.
If you take the 38 from the Autostadt - the car was restaured in the 50 by useing an new Split body - today from 38 on the car is only orginal the back window, the back hodd and the dash board.
On our 38 we could use the orginal doors ( only known in the world ) the roof, the back sides, the back hood , half of the front hood.
I found an orginal chassis from 38 and a lot orginal 38 parts and you say it is a copy ? Come on - so most split and hebs are copy or what ?
Almost all restored car have not the orginal fenders, doors floor pans ,... they were all changed during their normal lifes or during their restauration - so these cars are also not orginal anymore ?
I now understand the top restauration companys that just show the cars after restauration - I think i will not post anymore pics of our next car that we will restaure ( we will now start at our 128 schwimmer wich is the oldest in the world and is also a prototyp )I thought that the people can learn that everything can be reatured and have fun with the pics. - but i most be wrong.
Christian
GKL 7
13 years ago
Christian
How embarrassing this person Ovaltine is.
You do not have to justify any of the excellent work you,your family and friends are doing in our hobby.
Please continue to give us information and pictures relating to your latest work.It is only the one person here that does not appreciate the hard work and dedication you all show.
Thankyou for the hours of pleasure that the Grundmann family have given us all,between your restorations,collection and the excellent shows organised at Hessich Oldendorf.
heb623
13 years ago

Christian
How embarrassing this person Ovaltine is.

'50 Karmann wrote:

George,

Is that "Ovaltine" a perfect example of what you call, he is a "pain in the ass"?:?

:twisted: ET

Btw on pic below the protype of a swhwimm!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:  operationsealion4gd.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
Ovaltine
13 years ago

Hi Ovaltine,
because of the thoughts like yours - most rare cars wich are shown on hight class shows or museum ( i mean Mercedes, Audi race car,Horch,... ) are not shown befor or during the restauration.
I know of very know cars were was just the chassis or the engine and now there are komplett cars.
If you take the 38 from the Autostadt - the car was restaured in the 50 by useing an new Split body - today from 38 on the car is only orginal the back window, the back hodd and the dash board.
On our 38 we could use the orginal doors ( only known in the world ) the roof, the back sides, the back hood , half of the front hood.
I found an orginal chassis from 38 and a lot orginal 38 parts and you say it is a copy ? Come on - so most split and hebs are copy or what ?
Almost all restored car have not the orginal fenders, doors floor pans ,... they were all changed during their normal lifes or during their restauration - so these cars are also not orginal anymore ?
I now understand the top restauration companys that just show the cars after restauration - I think i will not post anymore pics of our next car that we will restaure ( we will now start at our 128 schwimmer wich is the oldest in the world and is also a prototyp )I thought that the people can learn that everything can be reatured and have fun with the pics. - but i most be wrong.
Christian

fantakid wrote:

Hi Christian,
Your work is fantastic. We all have different ideas on our hobby, and I'd prefered to keep the original as found, displayed with a masterpiece of your as to how it should look. I certainly would hope that you keep us informed of you excellent projects :wink:

JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago

I've no doubt about the Grundman's skills.

But the very important historically VW38 would have been far better preserved as found in an environmentally controlled glass case. They've done a fantastic job, but they've lost the original car now.:wink:

Ovaltine wrote:

The only parts lost from the car were lost many, many years ago when it was hacked onto the Volga chassis. The current restoration hasn´t lost anything that wasn´t thrown away back then, so whats the problem?
What good does it do anyone stuck in a case with half an old Soviet era banger welded onto it? Hardly a model of originality and totally un-representative of how the car was ever intended to appear. Who are you to decide to arbitrarily end the history of this car by putting it in a box and drawing a line under it? What you apparently think of as the originality of the car was lost a long time ago, and nothing anyone car do can bring that back. I´m surprised you have any interest in anything that doesn´t still have it´s original paint, engine, tyres and first petrol in the tank.
UserPostedImage
GKL 7
13 years ago

Is that "Ovaltine" a perfect example of what you call, he is a "pain in the ass"?:?

heb623 wrote:

No E.T
I'm afraid Ovaltine is a lot worse than that.
pre67vw
13 years ago

The only parts lost from the car were lost many, many years ago when it was hacked onto the Volga chassis. The current restoration hasn´t lost anything that wasn´t thrown away back then, so whats the problem?
What good does it do anyone stuck in a case with half an old Soviet era banger welded onto it? Hardly a model of originality and totally un-representative of how the car was ever intended to appear.

JD wrote:

That's the best argument I've heard to support the restoration,I agree 100%

To Ovaltine - I really don't get why you continue to do this, the VW38 is in the worlds best possible hands - even VW themselves wouldn't be able to restore it this well and they certainly wouldn't have kept it as it was found. You are losing respect of everyone on the site faster than the VW38 is getting restored, please don't share your opinion with us any further Ive had enough now. Take a break, lurk for a while and maybe come back when you have a more positive attitude. Thanks.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
55Kab
13 years ago
I'm just glad Christian you haven't let on about the lowered beam and Fuch yet :wink: :lol:

55Kab
13 years ago

but they've lost the original car now.:wink:

Ovaltine wrote:

The original car was lost years ago which is obvious from how it was found and seeing as everything that was original when found is being used in the rebuild then from my perspective rebuilding it is the best and only way forward, especially given the unbelievably rare parts and old school skills being lavished upon it.

To the whole HO gang...keep up the good work and look forward to seeing it at BC next year. :beer:

Rich Oakley
13 years ago
Just out of interest and slightly off-topic, but I'm intrigued- Who is Ovaltine? Does anybody know her? Are there any pics of her car on the forum?

Cheers,
Rich.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago

Just out of interest and slightly off-topic, but I'm intrigued- Who is Ovaltine? Does anybody know her? Are there any pics of her car on the forum?

Cheers,
Rich.

Rich Oakley wrote:

Ovaltine is female?
UserPostedImage
GKL 7
13 years ago

Who is Ovaltine?

Rich Oakley wrote:

SSSHH!!! Let sleeping dogs lie.
Rich you need to free some PM room,you're full up.
 dcdbeb7ab2d3f3fe9528f2bc689be3eb_large.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rich Oakley
13 years ago

Rich you need to free some PM room,you're full up.

'50 Karmann wrote:

Done!
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
mrsherbie
13 years ago
Behave you lot Ovaltine is obviously not a woman.
(Or are you suggesting there are more like me? :shock: (that even frightens me :lol: )

Love the film :beer:

Personally none of the 'opinions' about the car interest me. Neither now nor when the topic was flogged to death on the samba.
Its not my car.

I just know that amongst everyone I know, there was a collective sigh of relief when its new home was announced. Far safer than ending up in vw's hands.

Being a star in the Grundmanns collection? or bought & restored by wrong people?, or...left to rot in a field?...hmm thats a toughy! (NOT!)

"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
69project
13 years ago
ovaltines very own words....

There's no attempt by me to 'stir it up', a few people here seem unable to take criticism. I love my old Bug, but its a 1970 and a scruffy one at that, its certainly far from perfect

enough said really
Car less.....
pre67vw
13 years ago

ovaltines very own words....

There's no attempt by me to 'stir it up', a few people here seem unable to take criticism. I love my old Bug, but its a 1970 and a scruffy one at that, its certainly far from perfect

enough said really

69project wrote:

I never thought I'd be sticking up for Ovaltine, but is this comment really fair? There's nothing wrong with having and loving a scruffy '70.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW