GKL 7
  •  GKL 7
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
2010-12-05T18:43:14Z
Made the year i was born......Oh! i wish
GKL 7 attached the following image(s):
Sponsor


(Register and log-in to hide thread adverts)
69project
2010-12-05T21:11:15Z
wow,i really would like a 356 but an impending first child and a house deposit i have no chance til later in life!
Car less.....
55Kab
2010-12-06T06:01:29Z
won't be as much fun as a black oval with a 2.3 stuffed in the back... :wink:

heb623
2010-12-07T11:16:13Z
It's bought!!!:shock:

:twisted: ET
I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
WayneMcCarthy
2010-12-07T13:06:40Z
Beautiful ! Look's Like Ex Maxted Page Car.
"Mr Stock"
brille52
2010-12-07T14:45:39Z
55Kab wrote:

won't be as much fun as a black oval with a 2.3 stuffed in the back... :wink:



I am so sorry, but this isn`t true ![-x :wink:

a8)
GKL 7
  •  GKL 7
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
2010-12-07T15:40:17Z
Another in NYC....Coopers Classics.
Both cars are POA....I dare not ask:lol:
GKL 7 attached the following image(s):
2splits
2010-12-07T16:42:37Z
Its a slippery slope, but a fun one!
Kevin

-51 Split Rag
-58 Ghia Cab with Okrasa
-57 356
mrsherbie
2010-12-08T10:16:44Z
my only observation, when we were looking, I was VERY sceptical of all 356's on chrome (99% time cheap repro) wheels.
All dealers in 356's seem to instantly swap out the og wheels for 2 reasons, 1. instant 'glamour' to most onlookers 2. with pre55/6 cars, as og 16"s are now SO valuable that most potential buyers will either not notice/or not be bothered.
I know for a fact some dealers always remove the 16's and put on 15's before they sell a car on.

Some people use the drivability excuse for the swap, but thats rubbish on a preA when you can buy new avons & michelins to fit.

Having researched at the time how hard it was to find a complete set of og 16's, we decided only to buy a car that was still wearing them, as it was also a good indicator that more other parts on the car would also be og. restored or not.

However for an A it does'nt matter as 15's are so much easier and cheaper to find, so it would'nt put us off those so much.

I would'nt dream of wearing mangels on scrappy old beetles, so wonder why would anyone be happy to wear them on their 20k up porsche.

"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
GKL 7
  •  GKL 7
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
2010-12-08T17:02:50Z
mrsherbie wrote:

my only observation, when we were looking, I was VERY sceptical of all 356's on chrome (99% time cheap repro) wheels.
All dealers in 356's seem to instantly swap out the og wheels for 2 reasons, 1. instant 'glamour' to most onlookers 2. with pre55/6 cars, as og 16"s are now SO valuable that most potential buyers will either not notice/or not be bothered.
I know for a fact some dealers always remove the 16's and put on 15's before they sell a car on.

Some people use the drivability excuse for the swap, but thats rubbish on a preA when you can buy new avons & michelins to fit.

Having researched at the time how hard it was to find a complete set of og 16's, we decided only to buy a car that was still wearing them, as it was also a good indicator that more other parts on the car would also be og. restored or not.

However for an A it does'nt matter as 15's are so much easier and cheaper to find, so it would'nt put us off those so much.

I would'nt dream of wearing mangels on scrappy old beetles, so wonder why would anyone be happy to wear them on their 20k up porsche.





Need to have a talk to you about these things(356's) Anna.
You and Matt could be a great help.
GKL 7
  •  GKL 7
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
2010-12-08T22:06:34Z
:beer:
GKL 7 attached the following image(s):
55Kab
2010-12-09T06:16:28Z
prefer the silver one. They just don't look right in red IMHO

55Kab
2010-12-09T06:17:56Z
Originally Posted by: ' 

Need to have a talk to you about these things(356's) Anna.
You and Matt could be a great help.



forget all that, I just want to know if that's Anna in her avatar :!: :lol:

mrsherbie
2010-12-09T17:58:55Z
You should pop round to Matts to crawl about inside and under his ( its a super car) as he is a bit nearer you I think? (ie you are both oop north (ie. north of the M25) :lol: will pm you


55Kab wrote:

forget all that, I just want to know if that's Anna in her avatar :!: :lol:



It has been joked that we have some similarities but I dont see it myself :? .. :lol:

Bridget Jones The Edge of reason 


"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
GKL 7
  •  GKL 7
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
2010-12-09T18:19:58Z
mrsherbie wrote:

(ie you are both oop north)



Deep down,i just knew there was something RIGHT about Matt:lol: :lol: :lol:
GKL 7
  •  GKL 7
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
2010-12-17T16:52:36Z
Meisen Blue,oh!yes....
GKL 7 attached the following image(s):
59 Ragtop
2010-12-17T19:22:20Z
GKL 7
  •  GKL 7
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
2010-12-19T16:48:05Z
:arrow:
GKL 7 attached the following image(s):
GKL 7
  •  GKL 7
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
2010-12-23T18:56:40Z
:arrow:
GKL 7 attached the following image(s):
GKL 7
  •  GKL 7
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
2011-01-11T19:28:42Z
:arrow:
GKL 7 attached the following image(s):