69project
13 years ago
an impromptu ride height stance off was held as too whether stock or standard height was better,the pictures speak for themselves....:p

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Car less.....
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
54 Gertie
13 years ago
I think everyone knows Pete's car wins hands down, purely as it's running crossplies. :drool:

I think it (even though I'm sure it's not for sale) would be my first 'Lottery win' purchase.
William
RoRoVw
13 years ago
Pity about the collapsed suspension, Si!!
GKL 7
13 years ago
Si........You lost.
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago

I think everyone knows Pete's car wins hands down, purely as it's running crossplies. :drool:

54 Gertie wrote:

Choice of champions!
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
54 Gertie
13 years ago

Choice of champions!

JD wrote:

Yep, that's why I'm running radials 😞. 'Daily' car so it is the only concession I'd make to make it nicer/safer to drive. If it wasn't already 12v when I got it I would have kept it 6v as well.

Peters car is just fantastic, it's one of the few cars I'd buy over the phone.
William
pre67vw
13 years ago

the pictures speak for themselves....:p

69project wrote:

Indeed they do, but your's could look great too if you raised it back up :wink:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago

Yep, that's why I'm running radials 😞. 'Daily' car so it is the only concession I'd make to make it nicer/safer to drive.

54 Gertie wrote:

Totally agree on a daily car. They´re dangerous enough already, lets face it!:d
UserPostedImage
54 Gertie
13 years ago

Totally agree on a daily car. They´re dangerous enough already, lets face it!:d

JD wrote:

It's the age old question, where do you stop?

Also TBH in a crash I cant see how my three point belts are going to do me much good, I've tested it out and your head just whips forward and hits the dash/steering wheel.

My car also has slightly later wipers fitted, as I know from experience that mine wipe a LOT better than the normal little bit of thin rubber. Rain-ex all the way in the oval.
William
GKL 7
13 years ago

54 Gertie wrote:

A question,a certain Volvo driver should have asked herself.
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago

54 Gertie wrote:

Indeed!

Was talking to some bloke at my friends place - "Oh yes, I´m doing IRS and four wheel disc brakes...and...and...". All of which was planned for a car that was still a rusty stripped shell. Get it on the road first, mate - worry about going racing later!
None of it´s going to stop some dozy bint running into you, or help you if she does.
UserPostedImage
harveypj
13 years ago

Yep, that's why I'm running radials 😞. 'Daily' car so it is the only concession I'd make to make it nicer/safer to drive. If it wasn't already 12v when I got it I would have kept it 6v as well.

Peters car is just fantastic, it's one of the few cars I'd buy over the phone.

54 Gertie wrote:

Wise move Will, when I got my car it was fitted with some old radials. Could not believe the difference the x plies made (and I fitted the £100ea firestones) They look great and are the only way to go on a Sunday car but radials are deff the way for a daily.

Stock......the new custom
harveypj
13 years ago

Si........You lost.

'50 Karmann wrote:

He lost the speed bump rally too:p
Stock......the new custom
54 Gertie
13 years ago

Indeed!

Was talking to some bloke at my friends place - "Oh yes, I´m doing IRS and four wheel disc brakes...and...and...". All of which was planned for a car that was still a rusty stripped shell. Get it on the road first, mate - worry about going racing later!
None of it´s going to stop some dozy bint running into you, or help you if she does.

JD wrote:

TBH, I'm yet to have an incident where I'd have liked more braking, or where I've found the swing axle rear to be a bit wandery. Although I am only running with 34 furious horses. 😎

And George, I have her address, fancy grabbing the pitchforks? :rofl:
William
69project
13 years ago
in this thread i think i just loaded the shotgun for you all too shoot me down...:lol:
Car less.....