64rotbox
2011-10-08T18:31:53Z
I think the model looks better than the real thing at the moment! Lovely work.
You can call me Al.
zelensis
2011-10-08T20:44:03Z
zelensis61 wrote:

You need to find a car to mount that logo on it.:roll: Maybe a tempo Matador?

Like this one

UserPostedImage
ascort
2011-10-24T09:16:48Z
The Ascort model is still progressing slowly. Now lots of finishing required before I take a mould. :roll:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
I think that it looks like an Ascort, but I can see faults as well, which is rather frustrating. 😶
I suppose that I can usually see faults in most commercially produced 1:43 scale models, so maybe I am being to critical with my own work. :unsure:
Mark - Owner of 2 under restoration Australian coachbuilt Ascorts.
pbaptist
2011-10-27T20:53:23Z
Hi Ascort,

It looks good, count me in for 1 model.

This model is not in my collection of coachbuild models and I would like to add it.

regards
Patrick
pbaptist
2011-10-27T20:55:01Z
The next three coachbuild modelcars are ready for a US customer that is also active in this forum.

A Black 53 D&S Convertible
A Black 57 Rometsch Beeskow Coupe
A Mittelgrun 57 Rometsch Beeskow Convertible
pbaptist attached the following image(s):
ascort
2011-10-27T21:36:07Z
pbaptist wrote:

Hi Ascort,

It looks good, count me in for 1 model.

This model is not in my collection of coachbuild models and I would like to add it.

regards
Patrick

The project is a slow spare time thing, so it will be a while before the models are complete. I will pm when I am ready to provide them.

Given that you were one of the people who encouraged me to provide Ascort info on PRE67VW, it will be a pleasure.

I like the look of your models. I am sure that the South Aust Ascort owner, who also ownes a D&S would love the black one.
pbaptist
2011-11-13T11:31:12Z
Ministyle now added the Hebmuller Coupe in there collection.

pbaptist attached the following image(s):
zelensis
2011-11-13T14:53:15Z
Ministyle has also a stoll coupé version.
UserPostedImage
ascort
2011-11-20T02:18:05Z
I have finally poured the mould for my handcrafted 1:43 Ascort TSV 1300 models. :smile:

The mould seems to have worked out ok and so I have tried it out on a few castings. The bumper bar area seems to trap air unless I get the resin pour just right, but I think that I will just have to keep trying until I get a technique that works every time.

In the end I have opted to just make a solid model without turning wheels. It would have just taken more time than I am prepared to spend to make the wheels separate, and then each model made would have required more finishing time, which would keep me away from the 1:1 scale model.

UserPostedImage

There are areas on the model that are not perfect and that frustrates me. :cry: This is the first scale model that I have made in 20 years, and my first attempt at moulding and casting one, so overall I am pretty happy with the results. :smile:
:unsure: I will have to paint one now to see how it looks.
AW
  •  AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
2011-11-20T11:13:02Z
Well done that man:thumbup: I know what you mean about the air bubble thing. It is a Black art to casting a friend of mine dose it and to see the air bleeds in the moulds is a work of art in its self some times. Have you come up with a price for the model yet ???????????

Andy W
ascort
2011-11-20T13:53:14Z
AW wrote:

Well done that man:thumbup: I know what you mean about the air bubble thing. It is a Black art to casting a friend of mine dose it and to see the air bleeds in the moulds is a work of art in its self some times. Have you come up with a price for the model yet ???????????

Andy W

Due to time constraints, I am thinking that I will let those who have posted on this forum thread and want one, can have one very cheap, (+ postage cost of course) provided you accept it unpainted and do the painting yourself. Painted would have to be a bit more. I will pm you when I am ready to sell.

I am doing a trial paint of a couple castings to see how they look. I am happy with the results :d Unfortunately I do not currently have all of the paints that I need, so cannot complete them (no silver or gloss black) :bored: I will post some pics when done.

ascort
2011-11-21T02:10:13Z
A quick and dirty paint job. :roll:
I still have no gloss silver paint for the hubcaps and I am trying to decide if black paint would be better for the windows. What is the thought of others :?:
(This is the first scratch buit model car that I have ever made. I am pretty happy with it, even though I can see plenty of flaws) :unsure:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

pbaptist
2011-11-21T07:50:54Z
It looks good. I will keep the silver paint for the windows (not black)

Patrick
ascort
2011-11-21T10:31:05Z
pbaptist wrote:

It looks good. I will keep the silver paint for the windows (not black)

Patrick

Hi Parick

I just tried to PM you about a model, but your PM inbox is full.

Mark
pbaptist
2011-11-21T11:29:16Z
ascort wrote:

Hi Parick

I just tried to PM you about a model, but your PM inbox is full.

Mark

I didn't know that. It looks like it was full since april this year. Now I deleted some messages, so you can sent me PM. (or just on my regular e-mail
pbaptist at ziggo.nl

Regards
Patrick
AW
  •  AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
2011-11-21T11:48:33Z
If you put a gray primer cote on first that pulls all the flores out in the casting :thumbup:

Andy w
ascort
2011-11-21T12:11:16Z
AW wrote:

If you put a gray primer cote on first that pulls all the flores out in the casting :thumbup:

Andy w

Thanks for that Andy. I want to have a few practice runs on a few dud castings that I have made.

I have found that I have to initially tilt the mould as I pour the resin, so the resin pushes out the air from the rear bumper. I am still getting an air bubble in the front bumper though, but this is easily repaired.
zelensis
2011-11-21T19:52:51Z
That looks very good for a first time :thumbup:

When I pour in the mould I put it on a wooden piece together with a little air compressor, that way the vibrations of the compressor helps to chase the air out of it.

The painted windows I would not paint them black but leave them grey like you did.

Bart
ascort
2011-11-23T21:51:50Z
AW wrote:

Andy w

I did a trial run using automotive primer and automotive touch up spray can. This is the result. (I went with black windows to get the contrast against the silver.)

Mmmm looks like I needed a little more wrap on that rear window. 😶 There are a couple other lines that are out 1/2 mm or so here and there too. :bored: Oh well an amature trying to do a first attempt at a 1:43 model car is unlikely to get it 100% perfect I suppose. :roll:

UserPostedImage

I really must get some "chrome" silver paint for the hubcaps and headlight surrounds.
AW
  •  AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
2011-11-23T23:57:01Z
Dont knock your self 😳 there are plenty of exsperienced makers out there that dont get em that good :thumbup: you may also find that when you take the dimentions down to scale the scale model dose not look right so you have to do a little compremising hear and there.

Andy W