andelises
12 years ago
hi my 67 seems to be a bit different. but is one owner from new and has never been played with. it seems to be missing trims i.e not bonnet trim and no hole were it is ment to be. can any one help  $(KGrHqZ,!iwE2Kd1dhqtBNlJSVJWzQ~~_3.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  $(KGrHqF,!lEE2EFS0K0VBNlJSK52Hw~~_3.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
neil314
12 years ago
Hi - yours is actually an early 1968 model year 1200. Although registered in 1967 it is one of the first 'new' Beetles with upright headlamps. Being a 1200, it has much less bright trim, more painted metal inside (only partial headliner) etc and would have been 6v still whereas the 1300 & 1500's were 12v. Originally there would have been no fuel gauge. Hope that helps. I had one just like yours a few years back - YBH311F also in Chinchilla grey - wonder where it is now?
andelises
12 years ago

Hi - yours is actually an early 1968 model year 1200. Although registered in 1967 it is one of the first 'new' Beetles with upright headlamps. Being a 1200, it has much less bright trim, more painted metal inside (only partial headliner) etc and would have been 6v still whereas the 1300 & 1500's were 12v. Originally there would have been no fuel gauge. Hope that helps. I had one just like yours a few years back - YBH311F also in Chinchilla grey - wonder where it is now?

neil314 wrote:

thanks very much for that info thats very helpful. i had no idea at all. so when i come to order parts would i then order 67 or 68 parts???????????

you should type the reg to dvla to see if it still around :thumbup:
54 Gertie
12 years ago
You need to buy parts for a '68 Beetle. :smile:
William
andelises
12 years ago

You need to buy parts for a '68 Beetle. :smile:

54 Gertie wrote:

ok thanks for that. i was just about to order a load of stuff good job i joined today
Hebster52
12 years ago
I'm sure your beetle's VIN starts with 118xxx as for -68 modelyear?:smile:
The HebsterWerks.