ianmac
12 years ago
awesome, seeing OG inner wings with all the factory spot welds. For me a car with a clean OG underside is more desirable than one with mint restored topside.
bob-on
  • bob-on
  • Regular Topic Starter
12 years ago
Nice one Ian:thumbup: I'm with you on that one but saying that, even though my topside is unrestored it's still damn good...... I came 2nd in my class at Tatton today:d :d

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
ianmac
12 years ago
yes very tidy, unmessed with.. where did the car originally come from?
bob-on
  • bob-on
  • Regular Topic Starter
12 years ago
It's originally from Sweden. The story behind it is that the original owner had it from '56 to '76 (Swedish road tax and mot stickers are still on the car showing '76). At some point it was involved in an accident requiring the wing and bonnet to be repainted. The inside of the bonnet shows superb panel beating skills.

It then went into a Museum from '76 until '99 when it was bought by a private collector who kept it until '06 when the guy I bought it off got hold of it.
As it had been off the road for so long he got it back on the road but after 4 years of ownership had only done 300km. I bought it in 2010.
GKL 7
12 years ago
Why is this advertised on Oldbug.com and the Samba?
Are they just old adverts or are you selling?
Old Blue
12 years ago
This car is certainly for sale on the web but with non UK plates.

Great to use the forum as a launch pad to create interest and a possible a sale. Far better than the classified section.:wink:
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
bob-on
  • bob-on
  • Regular Topic Starter
12 years ago
It is up on Oldbug, I do apologise but it's not meant to be an advert on here. You will notice that it's not on the classified section here and there was no mention about it being for sale. I did put it up on there a while ago and forgot about it as I'm not certain about selling it hence not advertising it in this country anywhere, I didn't realise it was on theSamba as I've not looked at cars for sale for a while.
I have just Contacted Randy to ask him to remove it from both Oldbug and theSamba too.
I hope this is ok with everyone here?
pre67vw
12 years ago

I hope this is ok with everyone here?

bob-on wrote:

It's OK with me. You're entitled to sell it if you want to, or keep it - either way it's your car so your choice.

If you did want to sell it, I'd hope you would feel advertising it on pre67vw would be a good idea though. :wink:

Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
bob-on
  • bob-on
  • Regular Topic Starter
12 years ago
Thank you very much, don't want to appear as though I was 'using' the forum so if I do decide to sell then I will use the for sale section.
GKL 7
12 years ago
Just like to say this was not my reason for asking,i was just really suprised to see the car advertised.After you seemed so very pleased with it's condition.
bob-on
  • bob-on
  • Regular Topic Starter
12 years ago
It's been a while since I posted anything up here but I've not had chance to pay attention to it. As such I've finally come to conclusion that I must sell it as I cannot justify it sat in storage. I've put the original paint wheels back onto it with new crossplies and am going to write the advert in a bit.

UserPostedImage

I've got a question though, can anyone tell me if you know what make the seat recliner is as there's no obvious markings on it?

UserPostedImage
cupa65
12 years ago
Car looks cool! Presently removing undeseal from inside of 4 wings on my 65. Its that thick i have made a dip tank filled with gas oil.
A weekend soaks through the underseal to reveal paint, runs,primer and missed bits!

Ps how much would a car like that be?
69project
12 years ago
did you pick this up from a guy just outside of hockley in essex?

i had the spare 30hp he had built for this car if its the same and you outbid me on ebay...i was on my honeymoon in thailand bidding for car!

stunning car,i pbly have the guy number who brought it over somewhere

Car less.....
bob-on
  • bob-on
  • Regular Topic Starter
12 years ago

Car looks cool! Presently removing undeseal from inside of 4 wings on my 65. Its that thick i have made a dip tank filled with gas oil.
A weekend soaks through the underseal to reveal paint, runs,primer and missed bits!

Ps how much would a car like that be?

cupa65 wrote:

It's up for sale on the VW's for sale section! :thumbup:
Old Blue
12 years ago

It's up for sale on the VW's for sale section! :thumbup:

bob-on wrote:

Seen it advertised on the Samba.

Are you certain that this car has original paint on the exterior?

If so then the condition is incredible, and if so why are you asking a sum of money which people are expecting for their very 'rat look' rusty 1966 Type lls?

Surely nearer to £20k would be right. Wish I'd the space for this very attractive Oval.:beer:
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
GKL 7
12 years ago
Oldblue,you mentioned you had two beetles.Your Oval,but what is the other you have?
bob-on
  • bob-on
  • Regular Topic Starter
12 years ago

Seen it advertised on the Samba.

Are you certain that this car has original paint on the exterior?

If so then the condition is incredible, and if so why are you asking a sum of money which people are expecting for their very 'rat look' rusty 1966 Type lls?

Surely nearer to £20k would be right. Wish I'd the space for this very attractive Oval.:beer:

Old Blue wrote:

I'm sure it's got original paint on it however the bonnet and front wing has been repainted in what I can only assume was about 1976. The wierd thing is, the original paint is better than the 'new' paint.

As for price, I could ask £20k for it and then sit on it for months on end until someone comes along with the money. I'd rather it was sold to someone that will love it and keep it original without messing with it (just like I've done).
Some people just think that rusty (read - falling apart) 'rat look' are worth the money and other people are drawn into thinking the same but that's a whole other can of worms.

So if anyone wants to give me £20k for it then please feel free!!!:d
ianmac
12 years ago
Such a nice car, especially black with red interior. If only I had more space 😎
Jay Dee 101
12 years ago
Truly stunning good luck with the sale, its a shame it has to go mate!
bob-on
  • bob-on
  • Regular Topic Starter
12 years ago
Cheers! Think I've got a problem with my e-mail though, I've sent details out to loads of people and no-one has got back to me......
If anyone who did contact me and not get a response please know that I responded as soon as they came in, please tell me if you did get a response too.