GKL 7
  • GKL 7
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • pre67vw Junkie
11 years ago
😞
Old Blue
  • Old Blue
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • pre67vw Junkie
11 years ago
GKL 7 wrote:

Rob could confirm this but i don't think he was actually banned.

His thread was locked and he was instructed not to post anymore R***le***p shite.

When he continued, the word R***le***p was automatically replaced with another phrase.

This is why the administrator was thanked.

If you miss him so much,try his Facebook page.

Ovaltine,however posted a remark tieing all vintage vw enthusiasts with nazism.

He was banned for this.Still think it's a shame, he's not still here?

My other half refuses to drive either of our Beetles, she thinks Beetles are a legacy of Hitler the most notorious mass murderer in history. Like everyone here I expect, I'm appalled and disgusted by the Nazis, but unlike my wife, not enough it would seem to deter me from enjoying old Volkswagens? Its a touchy subject but I don't see how Ovaltine tied enthusiasts with Nazism given that I'm afraid is part of the Volkswagen's early history.

The Rattletrap thread (sh*te as you call it) seems to be very popular judging by the views its had.


1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!

64rotbox
  • 64rotbox
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • pre67vw Junkie
11 years ago
Yeah, well in olden days going down to Bedlam to laugh at the loonies was popular. These days people can do it without leaving their swivel chair.
You can call me Al.
Old Blue
  • Old Blue
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • pre67vw Junkie
11 years ago
64rotbox wrote:

Yeah, well in olden days going down to Bedlam to laugh at the loonies was popular. These days people can do it without leaving their swivel chair.

Well firstly my wife is not mentally ill. However, my eldest son has come back home from military service abroad,and is somewhat mentally traumatised from events there and is having counselling. Mentally ill people (loonies as you write) are not something to laugh at as you think. Stay hidden behind your member name Rotbox. How apt a name for the offensive rot you've posted here.


1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!

64rotbox
  • 64rotbox
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • pre67vw Junkie
11 years ago
It's not often I use one of these, but...

:rofl:


You can call me Al.
Old Blue
  • Old Blue
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • pre67vw Junkie
11 years ago
64rotbox wrote:

It's not often I use one of these, but...

:rofl:

I can't really post what I'm thinking or what Jon said.

I hope that your signature is an indication of your status here now.


1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!

64rotbox
  • 64rotbox
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • pre67vw Junkie
11 years ago
Er, nope. I assume you've had all the mirrors in the house removed.

It's you, and your practice of having digs at forum users during your crusade for certain 'individuals' (who weren't very popular themselves, and who damaged this forum's standing quite badly) that I'm referring to. If you want to carry on with it, then that's your stupid choice, but perhaps you should accept that you might have to take it back sometimes. Or maybe just pack it in, stop winding people up and stop being so pompous? I don't care either way, but the fact remains that this forum was going through a quite a happy period (albeit a bit quiet, but that's not always a bad thing) until you started gobbing off in sporadic bursts.

Compared to most internet forums - especially Volkswagen related ones - this one is remarkably harmonious. However due to it's smaller size, it only takes one person to visibly spoil it all. And at the moment, from my viewpoint anyway, that's *you*.


You can call me Al.
Old Blue
  • Old Blue
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • pre67vw Junkie
11 years ago
64rotbox wrote:

Er, nope. I assume you've had all the mirrors in the house removed.

It's you, and your practice of having digs at forum users during your crusade for certain 'individuals' (who weren't very popular themselves, and who damaged this forum's standing quite badly) that I'm referring to. If you want to carry on with it, then that's your stupid choice, but perhaps you should accept that you might have to take it back sometimes. Or maybe just pack it in, stop winding people up and stop being so pompous? I don't care either way, but the fact remains that this forum was going through a quite a happy period (albeit a bit quiet, but that's not always a bad thing) until you started gobbing off in sporadic bursts.

Compared to most internet forums - especially Volkswagen related ones - this one is remarkably harmonious. However due to it's smaller size, it only takes one person to visibly spoil it all. And at the moment, from my viewpoint anyway, that's *you*.

I'm lost on this.


1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!

Old Blue
  • Old Blue
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • pre67vw Junkie
11 years ago
I am not having you insult my family rotbox.Dad won't put what he thinks so I will.

you are an offensive idiot with the posts you have made here. Do you really think that you are making these forums a welcoming place?

I wonder if you say things like that to my face at a VW show.


1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!

GKL 7
  • GKL 7
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • pre67vw Junkie
11 years ago
Old Blue wrote:

I am not having you insult my family rotbox.Dad won't put what he thinks so I will.

you are an offensive idiot with the posts you have made here. Do you really think that you are making these forums a welcoming place?

I wonder if you say things like that to my face at a VW show.

That's fighting talk where i come from :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

64rotbox
  • 64rotbox
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • pre67vw Junkie
11 years ago
Christ on a wobbly tricycle. Okay, I'll rise to this utter bilge just one more time. I'm setting four minutes aside.

I don't go to VW shows anymore (I've never understood why people think that everyone with an interest in VWs must go to VW shows by default, after 25 years worth of the things they've become dull as hell to me), so the prospect is unlikely. But if you came up to me and started moaning about 'poor old ********* the big bullies drove him away and wasn't that Ovaltine guy funny he should be let back' like you both have done on here, then yes I imagine that probably would tell you what I thought of you.

Perhaps you should look through your own post histories to see where it started going a bit pear-shaped. It was quite early on, I seem to remember. It all works both ways, see. But I don't think for one moment you'd be rational enough do that.

Offensive idiot? Ooh, flattery. I don't think anyone else (apart from one person, and I'm sure you can guess who) has had a problem with anything I've written in the last 5 years, probably because nobody else has acted in such a fashion that I felt the need to write anything 'offensive', but you're welcome to your opinion. Anyway, if you're quite finished tying yourself into hissy knots, the four minutes is up.

Perhaps you should steer clear of internet forums. You don't appear to be cut out for them. If you think I'm an 'offensive idiot', then God help you if you decide to start on a proper 'troll'.

(Rob, sorry mate - I *promise* I'll leave it now).


You can call me Al.
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Administration Topic Starter
11 years ago
OK, so we've established where everyone is now?

Good. 😎


Rob Amos

Happiness is a stock VW