Ivan
  • Ivan
  • Regular Topic Starter
12 years ago
As I sit here typing this, I am wondering why I am not going after this gem of an Oval myself. I'll probably look back and think what a fool I was posting the following... But...I thought that someone out there in Vintage VW-land will really go mad for this car! And it's nice to make someone happy every now and again.

It's got to be one of the best original Right Hand Drive Ovals you're ever likely to get. It's only done 32,000 KILOMETRES! that's 19900 miles! It's untouched and is in original paint with original interior, carpets, the lot. To quote the person selling it 'It is rust free and appears to have never had a single part removed from it, log books are stamped every year up to 1963 then it was pulled of the road and stored in a shed for many years, it has its original tyres and showing 32,000 miles its not mint but i have never seen a more original car it still has the original dealer sticker on the back window.'

Look at this pics - IT IS A GEM!

I have gone on to XE and done a conversion and it's £10,500 plus shipping - Might sound like a lot for an Oval - but in my book this is not an Oval - but THE Oval! Remember, It's a Batwing RHD in ORIGINAL condition!!!

For shipping I would highly recommend speaking to Mark at Kingstown. They are THE people to talk to when shipping a VW.

I hope someone picks up on this post and BUYS IT. I am 100% certain this will not only be a car that increases in value year-by-year, but also gives someone a lot of joy.

The only thing I'd ask, and it may sound cheeky to some, is that if you buy it and you're as happy as I know you will be with it, you give me the Hazet tool kit that's in the spare wheel. I think that's a small very fair commission for a great tip off.

Strap yourself in - it's just one click away...

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/VW-BEETLE-1954-/330604553268?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item4cf9912434#ht_500wt_1027 
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Robb
12 years ago
Nice find there Ivan! Even nicer of you to share.

So you mean to say you don't have the hazet kit still that the old chap who used to own my 67?! :wink:
Ivan
  • Ivan
  • Regular Topic Starter
12 years ago
Nope, it wasn't in your car - it wouldn't have fitted your four bolt spare wheel. I did get it when I bought the car, paid extra, and sold it to Klaus Jacobson in Denmark a while later. That wasn't a Hazet one it was a VW one.
Still like I say, I don't think it's OTT to ask that I get that one if someone buys that car from my lead - it's a proper car. I love the areas such as the drivers door top, roof and just under the back window where the black paint has burnt off a little and the red primer is showing. Shows it's the original 1st paint.
The more I think about it, why am I not on the phone to the seller right now?
The answer... I haven't got room for another Beetle in my garage. Like I say, someone NEEDS TO BUY IT!
Rich Oakley
12 years ago
NICE! Where's my chequebook? I haven't bought a car for ages.

47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Ivan
  • Ivan
  • Regular Topic Starter
12 years ago
Isn't it the business Rich?!
Robb
12 years ago
time for an extension Ivan?

yer i was only pulling your leg about the toolkit. finders fee afterall!

wish i had the space and money, getting harder to find these low mileage cars!
54 Gertie
12 years ago
It's 32k miles, according to the body of the ad. If it wasn't for the slight clues it was an Aus car, you'd wear it was UK spec. Seat coverings etc, I assume it would have been a Wolfsburg built car?

Very nice. :drool:
William
Last Triumph
12 years ago
Hmm....

Would probably need an engine rebuild too! :d

If only I knew someone?
I can supply...
25/36hp Crank-Flywheel shims - 3 sizes
NOS king pin thrust & fibre washers - all sizes
Cloth braided nitrile fuel hose safe for modern fuels
PM me for details...
Ivan
  • Ivan
  • Regular Topic Starter
12 years ago
I'd have to check to be 100%, but from the research I've done into Australian and New Zealand cars (I had '57 NZ CKD) I'd say this was a CKD built - rather than a German import. From memory, 1953 was the first year of imports and in '54 VWs were built from CKDs. VWOA wasn't formed until '57 and they didn't start making there own 'unique' VWs until about three years later.
So, I would suggest this Dec '54 car is the same as we'd have got. The interior certainly looks the same.
Whatever, it's a special piece of kit.
I can't comment on the question of an engine rebuild, as I have not spoken to the seller, I fear that by doing that I'd end up owning it! 🙂
WayneMcCarthy
12 years ago
Very Very Nice !
"Mr Stock"
69project
12 years ago
unfortunatley i was 18(yes just eighteen!) away from winning euro raffle tonight so as they say on the den...im out!

but id love it

p.s,hazet toolboxes are overrated!
Car less.....
topolino
12 years ago
£10,379 in english money plus postage.
RockStock
12 years ago
these aussie cars seem to have used different primer colours to the factory
ie this one has red primer, when black paint would normally use grey primer?

another example is that aussie 58 that was featured a while back
UserPostedImage

i prefer the fade to the (german) factory primer colours

StockRocks
GKL 7
12 years ago

plus postage.

topolino wrote:

Don't forget the dreaded VAT.
Probably 5% if you can convince them it's of historical relevence,if not 20%:thumbdn:
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago

Don't forget the dreaded VAT.
Probably 5% if you can convince them it's of historical relevence,if not 20%:thumbdn:

GKL 7 wrote:

I think thay make it up as thay go along our friendly revanue people :omg:

Andy W
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
PS Nice car :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old Blue
12 years ago

unfortunatley i was 18(yes just eighteen!) away from winning euro raffle tonight so as they say on the den...im out!

but id love it

p.s,hazet toolboxes are overrated!

69project wrote:

Yes I'd say, but they are rather rare with the Hazet logo on the front.

I also wonder if somewhere they are bring remade and then aged?

1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
vintagebug
12 years ago

It's under offer..... (not me, I hasten to add!).

Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
Ivan
  • Ivan
  • Regular Topic Starter
12 years ago
What are the chances of two black Beetles both coming from the same original dealer, but lasting so well and both still having the waterslide dealer sticker on the back window?

https://www.holygrailgarage.com/1957_RHD_Oval_Beetle_.html 
vintagebug
12 years ago
The Ebay one has gone now...

... to the USA perhaps?? :roll: :rofl:

Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"