monstermoo
12 years ago
To get our '60 through the MOT he needed new front tyres. So, we waved goodbye to the worn Firestone's and replaced them with some nice Continentals (165/80/15).

But because the car still has the CB dropped spindles fitted up front, the tyres are now rubbing the arches due to the increased track and taller profile (the Firestones were very small).

So, I'm thinking they have got to go and some original spindles put back in their place.

Can anyone tell me where I can get a set of these, or contact me if they have any they would be happy to part with?

Thanks

Steve
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
GKL 7
12 years ago
There's a good chance someone wanting a set of dropped spindles would do you a swop for their originals.Probably with cash your way.Worth putting an Ad up,Vzi is the best bet.Because we don't like lowered cars around here:wink:
six-o-one
12 years ago
Or try an ad on www.restowagenuk.com - they'll snap you're arm off for a swap!
...and probably try and convince you to leave it lowered too while you're there!

:roll:

monstermoo
12 years ago
OK, I've got two people offering to sell me their spindles and I have seen photographs for both.

One is from a '62 Cali car and the other a '61 South African bug.

They look different to each other though - the Cali car shows straight spindles, while the one's from the SA car look tapered.

Not sure why they are different? Any ideas?

Can anyone tell me what's right for our UK '60 car?

Thanks