Robb
  • Robb
  • Guest Topic Starter
Sponsor


(Register and log-in to hide thread adverts)
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
11 years ago
Thinking about it its been many years since i went to this show.



Andy w
64rotbox
11 years ago
Might do. I went on the train last year and it was a much better experience than dealing with the M6 and NEC car parks.
You can call me Al.
RoRoVw
11 years ago
The Historic Club will be there with a display of seven vintage Volkswagens.
Hall 6. Plot 6C42. Stop by and say "Hello".
WayneMcCarthy
11 years ago
Robb wrote:

Whos going?

https://www.necclassicmotorshow.com/ 




Looking Forward To The NEC ! I'm There ...... With The T34 on The Historic Club Stand .
"Mr Stock"
52deluxebug
11 years ago
Yep, I'm there too with the split bug.

Looking forward to it!!!
Is frequently found with a glass of wine in one hand and a vintage vw part in the other
RoRoVw
11 years ago
Only four weeks away now! Preparations for the Historic VW Club display are well advanced.

Yes, Wayne and Barclay are displaying their vintage VWs, along with:

John Maxwell - 1953 Deluxe - RTC 296
Keith Vipond - 1952 Standard - 23 NMP
Robin Allen - 1952 Standard - XSV 432
Andy Axnix - 1955 Deluxe - 394 CTW
Phil Murgatroyd - 1958 Deluxe - ONJ 854

The display plot adjoins the Split Screen Van Club and VWOC(GB) - so plenty of Volkswagens to enjoy - and is opposite/close to DKW Club of Ireland, Club Audi, Association of British VW Clubs, Wartburg Trabant Club, Scirocco Register, Corrado Club of Great Britain, MK1 Golf Owners Club and Skoda Owners Club.

The show is open on Friday/Saturday/Sunday 11th/12th/13th November. Friday is usually the quieter day, although the admission charge is the highest on that day. The show is probably the largest it's ever been, covering Halls 4,5,6,7,8 and 9.

Should be a good one.

chthemonkey
11 years ago
If i were to come would i still be able to get the car in the historic vw club stand but as i wont be able to get there till friday evening or saturday morning:?:
GKL 7
11 years ago
Rob M,which would you consider the best for a day visit?
RoRoVw
11 years ago
chthemonkey wrote:

If i were to come would i still be able to get the car in the historic vw club stand but as i wont be able to get there till friday evening or saturday morning:?:



No, I'm sorry but you won't be able to display your car on the club stand as it isn't the type of show where you can just turn up and join in the display. The display cars have to be in place within the halls at the NEC by the Thursday morning and then can't be moved again until 6.00pm on Sunday evening. I suppose it's a bit like displaying inside at the Volksworld Show.

If you'd like your car to be considered for next year's show then just let me know. Sorry I can't offer you a place this year. 😞
ianmac
11 years ago
Looks good, will go friday
RoRoVw
11 years ago
GKL 7 wrote:

Rob M,which would you consider the best for a day visit?



George, I would try to go on the Friday if you can. It's a little more expensive but definitely quieter. The majority of the visitors on the Friday seem to be car enthusiasts whilst on Saturday and Sunday there are more families with children and it can be slow moving around as the halls fill up. It's also best to arrive early and be there for when the doors open (I think 10.00am on Friday and 9.30am the other days). In previous years there have been massive queues on the M42 with people trying to access the NEC car parks, but this is usually later in the morning - especially Sunday. The ideal way to get to the NEC is by train as it has its own station and then its only a short walk into the halls.
If you do go then be sure to come to the stand to say "Hello".
Cheers,
Rob
chthemonkey
11 years ago
RoRoVw wrote:

No, I'm sorry but you won't be able to display your car on the club stand as it isn't the type of show where you can just turn up and join in the display. The display cars have to be in place within the halls at the NEC by the Thursday morning and then can't be moved again until 6.00pm on Sunday evening. I suppose it's a bit like displaying inside at the Volksworld Show.

If you'd like your car to be considered for next year's show then just let me know. Sorry I can't offer you a place this year. 😞


thanks for letting me know i'll be going on either the sat or sun if i leave nice and early might get a parking space less than a mile away unlike some of the toy fairs ive been dragged around
Robb
  • Robb
  • Guest Topic Starter
11 years ago
RoRoVw wrote:

The Historic Club will be there with a display of seven vintage Volkswagens.
Hall 6. Plot 6C42. Stop by and say "Hello".



looking forward to it! :thumbup:
Robb
  • Robb
  • Guest Topic Starter
11 years ago
oh and if you want money off tickets, use CLUB11 as the promo code 😉
WayneMcCarthy
11 years ago
Only Two Week's ............ Can't Wait !
"Mr Stock"
RoRoVw
11 years ago
Wayne - Your passes and information are all packed and will be posted tomorrow. Watch out for them early next week.
Cheers,
Rob
WayneMcCarthy
11 years ago
Thank's Rob , Very Much Appreciated.
"Mr Stock"
WayneMcCarthy
11 years ago
Ticket's & Passes Arrived This Morning Rob , Thank You & See You Next Week !
"Mr Stock"
RoRoVw
11 years ago
Thanks for that. Good to know that Postman Pat can make if from Yorkshire to Ireland,
See you there.
Rob
Copyright © Rob Amos 2019. No part of this site can be reproduced without consent. | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy | Contact