Thanks peeps.
www.vwoval.co.uk
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
Looks like its off an american spec Bug. I may be after one of them how much are you wanting if you are to move it on ??? A pair would be better:thumbup:

Andy W
JULIANROBINSON
12 years ago
definitelly from the USA ... and not for sale... I'm looking for some for my '53.. but think it might be "too late" for a '53 ?
www.vwoval.co.uk
zelensis61
12 years ago
Jules, I think it is something in metal to put over a wheel..?:omg:

Ok, it is a US spec wing but to young for a 53. The bump for the running board is not so pronounced as on a older wing that you need.
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
55 to 57 i think.

Andy W
Rich Oakley
12 years ago
Looks like a post-1959 wing with a US-spec bullet indicator fitted to me! Headlamp bowl profile is mid-'57 or later and has a hole near the top of the bowl, hump on the top of the wing doesn't look pronounced enough for Oval-era and there is no 'flare' at the trailing edge of the wing (pre-August '58 feature). It could all be a trick of the light though, but it is notoriously difficult to ID wings without being able to touch them!

47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
JULIANROBINSON
12 years ago
Thank You!

As i thought... too new for mine ... Bugger!

:?
www.vwoval.co.uk