six-o-one
12 years ago
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
RockStock
12 years ago
nice malc!
i had missed most of those by the time i got out to the carpark

missed Kev's 63 flipseat Westy, and the Binz?
or do we need to educate some of you pre67 boys on buses:smile: ?

this was the scene at 1130am
wider aisles, fewer stalls, fewer punters...

UserPostedImage

i can think of lots of faces i didnt see there this year

ps it opens at 9

StockRocks
six-o-one
12 years ago

nice malc!
i had missed most of those by the time i got out to the carpark

ps it opens at 9

RockStock wrote:

Thanks Chris, I just assumed It wasn't open yet as there was still a long queue at ten past nine!

:smile:
WayneMcCarthy
12 years ago
Look's Like a Small Turnout !
"Mr Stock"
Sunroof53
12 years ago

Look's Like a Small Turnout !

WayneMcCarthy wrote:

Agreed ,thats the worst i have seen it .No overseas traders with the vintage stuff ,just a lot of bus stuff and performance engine parts .Funny thing is there are probably more people buying and selling stuff than ever before but but the internet is cheaper and reaching a wider audience .It really doesnt make sense for the average bloke with a few bits for sale to do a stall and i expect this kind of show will disappear altogether.
rudolf hucker
12 years ago
I ask the question............'are the days of the indoor swapmeet over'.........on The Split Screen Van forum. Most posts were very positive for Slough.

There were people trading in the car park and there was much discussion about this. It was thought that a reduced charge for people to sell in the car park may help.

Rudy
six-o-one
12 years ago
A lot of people, including me, advertise stuff for sale on the internet and arranged to meet up to deliver at the Slough swap meet which seems to work well. I talked to quite a few people who were either dropping off, picking up or both!