cupa65
  • cupa65
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
12 years ago
Hi All

I have just been through the "soak off the Swedish underseal with diesel" trial. The wings on my 65 were blathered in OE underseal which must have been 5mm thick. So into a vat of diesel they went. After a week for each wing this is how they turned out. Warts n all! I did think of repainting the missed painted bits...but decided not to. The factory did not paint all the underside of the wings! Does this mean on concours that completely painted underside of the wings of a Beetle will lose points?:?: :?:

Ps They are now fully coated with Techtyl. "the thinking man's waxoyl!" Hence the runs!  P1000431.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  P1000427.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  P1000432.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  P1000428.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
ianmac
12 years ago
awesome :thumbup: its a very satisfying operation, obviously the underseal did its thing,
cupa65
  • cupa65
12 years ago
For anyone out there who needs a soaking vat. I have fibre glass diesel soaking contraption designed for wings ( they need turning) available FOC.

Collection only as its quite large.:p 😛
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
Looking good:thumbup:

Andy W
ianmac
12 years ago
can I ask where did you buy the tectyl from? is it tectyl 506? I cannot find it easily.
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago

Hence the runs!

cupa65 wrote:

You aren´t meant to drink it.

Car looks amazingly clean.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
cupa65
  • cupa65
12 years ago
Hi

Techtyl 506 amber is available from Northern Oils 01522 751941. It's actually a Valvoline product.

Cheers