Piet
  • Piet
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
12 years ago
Because I'm very happy with this purchase, I want to share some pictures with yall.
I've been looking for these for a long time. Dished 77mm piston are a real needle in the haystack. Now I can start assembling my 30hp with the correct compression.
Thanks a lot Nico!!
Also ordered/bought a single tip original vw exhaust but I have to pick that one up later! Great day with ET partshunting:beer:  009.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  011.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  008.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  holle zuigers 77mm.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  piston rings (Small).jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Proost! Peter.
1954 Oval L275 (in progressive refinement)
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
vintagebug
12 years ago

Good parts hunting there, Peter! well done, you'll be able to get on with your engine build now! Will you be bringing the Oval to Lavenham next June? :thumbup:

Dave

Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
Piet
  • Piet
12 years ago
Thanks Dave.
It all depends on how the car is getting along after the damage. We'll see, but I sure like to drive it up to the old country yes. That would be an awesome trip.
Proost! Peter.
ianmac
12 years ago
what engine were these originally fitted on ?
Piet
  • Piet
12 years ago
Originally installed in the first 30hp engines starting at the end of 53 up to august 54. They had the low compression rate of 6.1 rather than the later 6.6. It was a short run so quit obsolete.
Since I don't want to fiddle around with the original distibutor VJU4BR3 or even change it with a later one, I only had one option.
Proost! Peter.
Piet
  • Piet
12 years ago
I would like to measure up the cylinder bores of the engine to know if these pistons have the correct tolerance of 0,0014-0,0022''.
Unfortunatly I only possess a digital slide type caliper.
How can I measure correctly cause I seem to get all sorts of readings with it?
Anyone please?
Proost! Peter.