52deluxebug
12 years ago
This is not good for the VW scene at all....

https://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=746686 

Sorry to post to another forum, but this is important.

Please also read the letter that JK received - you can click to it from their post.
Is frequently found with a glass of wine in one hand and a vintage vw part in the other
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
pre67vw
12 years ago

This is not good for the VW scene at all....

https://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=746686 

Sorry to post to another forum, but this is important.

Please also read the letter that JK received - you can click to it from their post.

52deluxebug wrote:

VWOA did this a few years ago, I got asked (told) to stop using some drawings I had on the site of a type 2 with a VW logo on the front. Luckily it wasnt any major problem, but it is the reason I make sure the pre67 logo doesn't look anything like the VW logo. Not sure what I would change my site name to if they had a problem with that...
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
This is hapening all the time in the toy world you have to pay a licence fee a few years back the only model you could get of a Ferrari was by Hot Wheels becouse thay held the licence. Some small indipendants who mad model Land Rovers had to stop trading becouse of it Thay want your money. But its allwright for the big boys to do it to the little guys like Vauxhall and the Nova. How could a little kit car firm take on GM :thumbdn:

Andy w
Old Blue
12 years ago

Not sure what I would change my site name to if they had a problem with that...

pre67vw wrote:

How about 'pre-2004 air-cooled bug'?....:d
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
pre67vw
12 years ago

How about 'pre-2004 air-cooled bug'?....:d

Old Blue wrote:

I was thinking along the lines of something VW would like even less - 'Hitlers Peoples car' maybe, and include new beetle stuff on the site until VW ask me to change it back... :rofl:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago

You are not using it for profit or gaine. Now shows like V W Action and Beetle Bash !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andy W