AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG :omg: :omg: Olga

Is this the year of the first year of Vw Action if so i was there too :thumbup:

Andy W  Resize Wizard-2.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
rudolf hucker
12 years ago
I was at VW Action too in 76 and still have the badge. I was driving a 1974 Moss Green metallic Big Beetle!! I have many photos but they are in slide format. I am planning to scan them one day. In fact I have thousands of VW slides from the 'pre fashion' days and hope to share them with you all soon.

rudolf hucker
12 years ago
Mrs Lifeinthe....... garage

I think you very rude about our national treasure.

Rudy
lifeintheslowlane
12 years ago

Mrs Lifeinthe....... garage

I think you very rude about our national treasure.

Rudy

rudolf hucker wrote:

Don't shoot the messenger Rudy...just reporting the facts...very ugly facts.

John.
pre67vw
12 years ago

I was at VW Action too in 76 and still have the badge.

rudolf hucker wrote:

I was 8... :rofl:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
rudolf hucker
12 years ago
Regarding the lovely Olga. Does no one on here like Big Bumpers???

Mr Pre67............Oh so young..what a shame that you missed the good VW times!

Rudy
rudolf hucker
12 years ago
Olga is a Pre 67 fan...........................she has a couple of original 65s. They may be lowering soon though.

Rudy
lifeintheslowlane
12 years ago

Olga is a Pre 67 fan...........................she has a couple of original 65s. They may be lowering soon though.

Rudy

rudolf hucker wrote:

Waddya mean "lowering soon"...boy they is already SLAMMED!!
John.
pre67vw
12 years ago

Regarding the lovely Olga. Does no one on here like Big Bumpers???

rudolf hucker wrote:

I quite like big bumpers, just not on cars...

Mr Pre67............Oh so young..what a shame that you missed the good VW times!

rudolf hucker wrote:

Good VW times are still here... Hessisch Oldendorf, Bad Camberg, Lavenham, the VW38, and pre67vw.com of course :thumbup:

Nostalgia is not what it used to be. :beer:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
rudolf hucker
12 years ago
Mr Pre 67

Yes there are good times (and web sites) now but you cannot compare. I can,I was there.:wink:
pre67vw
12 years ago

Mr Pre 67

Yes there are good times (and web sites) now but you cannot compare. I can,I was there.:wink:

rudolf hucker wrote:

Well, get your slide scanner out and prove it... :thumbup: :beer:

So what year did you first come to this country?
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
lifeintheslowlane
12 years ago

So what year did you first come to this country?

pre67vw wrote:

...and who's Shipping Container was it?

John.
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
Olga Looks like a 1303 type of Girl to me :roll:

Andy w
pre67vw
12 years ago
Anyway, to return to the original topic for a second... (sorry)

There are some people who certainly do look down on the Beetle because of it's origins, top gear for example. Also, I remember seeing a Robbie Coltrain program once where he was in the states looking through a scrap yard of old cars - he pointed at the Beetle and then spat on the ground... :rofl: But it seems to be individuals rather than everyone, you can tell that by the many positive comments people have got at classic car shows.

My father-in-law is very much into British things, I remember being slightly aprehensive about his reaction the first time I showed him around my car - it was a very pleasant surprise then when he told me that he used to have a couple of old Beetles with the small back window with a bar down the middle.. :rofl: Turns out he was in the REME :thumbup:

It's one of the reasons I love to see the REME getting involved for the Ivan Hirst show, educating people in the importance of the British in the cars survival.

There aren't many 1945-1948 Beetles around, but what about finding a later CKD Beetle made in Ireland - wouldn't that count?
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
Going off on a differant line but an good friend of mines late farther was a Second World War Tommy and had a garage after the war. He had the upmost respect for the normal German soilder and all things German but he would not have a Japanese car in the place or anything from the land of the rising sun in the house. How many look at Mercedese Benz with out realising who bankrolled them and if you took a look at what Audi built in the war people might think differantly of owning one :omg:

Andy w
merchantrader
12 years ago
Getting into very deep territory now which I could go on about for a very long time.
However, briefly(!) this is where I am coming from:
Ignoring politics and the German connections of our Royal family I firmly believe that the majority of the ordinary British people fought and contributed in WW2 for all the right reasons.
My father fought the Japs in Burma at Kohima, survived the war but died young as a result of his experiences - would have nothing to do with any Japs.
My first wife's father was captured by the Japs at Singapore, was one of the few to escape but died young from his experiences.
My (current!) wife's father was shot by the Germans in North Africa who then machine gunned the ambulance and shot him again, he died young as a direct result. Hated Germans.
My grandmother worked in the War Office throughout WW2 interpreting German and Jap intelligence, a devout, kind Christian woman who after the war would have nothing to do with any of them.
I have harboured a lingering doubt that the Germans/Japs have put everything behind them and this was confirmed when I went to a corporate do at Watford football club some years ago. Henkel (makers of Pritt sticks and Unibond PVA glue etc) sponsored Watford and were openly boasting about having made gas for the Holocaust.
10BXK although 8 years older and 6V was a much better car than our 100E Ford Anglia.
I have accepted that we are better off in IT and finance than making cars
I decided that the year 2000 was a good time to put my prejudices behind me, be nice to them, bought my first German car and two years after that bought my first Jap car and Jap TV.
lifeintheslowlane
12 years ago
If you've put your prejudices behind you perhaps you should start calling our friends from Japan...Japanese.

I'm not being politically correct...I'm pointing out the need for you to display a genuine desire to put prejudices behind you...it's a matter of respect.
John.
merchantrader
12 years ago
Yes point taken. In honour and respect of their name for their country I shall call them Nipponese in future or Nips for short when texting etc.
pre67vw
12 years ago

I'm not being politically correct...

lifeintheslowlane wrote:

Yes you are, you should be ashamed of yourself. 😳 Do you get upset when an American calls you a 'brit', or if an ozzy calls you a pom? Have you never called an American car a Yank car? All of a sudden you have a problem with someone using the abreviation Jap?

:wink:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
rudolf hucker
12 years ago
He can be a bit rude about Albanians too.